M14 Forum banner

H&R RETRO AR-15

454 Views 11 Replies 10 Participants Last post by  charlie98
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

· Registered
No Fly List
1,286 Posts
Did they say anything about the status of the H&R M1 Garands they had planned to offer?
No mention of the Garands that I saw or read.
I want one for nostalgia, A1 is what I qualified and drilled with. Already got a US property marked PSA A4 clone but it just doesn't fill that nitch. Oh the memories of hot brass shooting A1's left handed.
Decisions decisions, would I want the 1 in 7 or the 1 in 12. 55gr would be fun for shooting gongs but most of my stockpile is LAP and 69gr OTM.

· Registered
226 Posts
I know it's obsolescent (note: not obsolete) but there's just something special about that. That would certainly make a good companion to my A2 & A4.
Indeed. I have a fondness for it since that would be the first one I fired as an ROTC cadet in college in 1980. In almost all cases, I still use 20 round magazines, aluminum preferred, but even when I use Magpul.

· Registered
3,269 Posts
I've been setting here contemplating an A1 build like my issue pieces in the '80's Army... and realizing it probably wasn't going to happen due to the scarcity of correct parts. That H&R certainly checks all the boxes... except for the price, although a build with correct parts would probably cost just as much. If they can get it below $1000, I'm prolly in....

1 - 12 of 12 Posts