M14 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Inquisitor
11,356 Posts
What I meant was even if this bill passed, which it won't, at least most states have open or concealed carry. In Cali or NY, you would be completely at the mercy of criminals with absolutely no mitigation.

I have a feeling that the CEO of Point Blank Body Armor, the same company that sells body armor to DOD, will make some phone calls and ensure this bill never leaves committee.

·
Registered
657 Posts
If his worry is that bank robbers and other mayhem-causers will wear body armor to stave off police response, I offer a thought and a suggestion:

Thought: if criminals don't pay any attention to regulations on firearm possession or use, then why would anyone think they'd give any heed to regulations about possessing/wearing body armor?

Suggestion: Train cops to shoot well enough to make head shots the standard response to an armed altercation. Most of them, from statistical data, couldn't hit the side of a barn from inside.

·
In the gilded halls of Valhala
13,515 Posts
Warning

The following is taken from the new York times. Drawing conclusion from the info below could be hazardous to your brain.

http://www.nytimes.com/2007/12/09/weekinreview/09baker.html?pagewanted=all&_r=0

NyC police had a hit rate of 23%.

Just because nyc finest don't don't shoot so well under stress doesn't mean all cops can't shoot!

I would not shoot so well if I would knew they counted every slug and published the data.

·
Registered
5,725 Posts
The following is taken from the new York times. Drawing conclusion from the info below could be hazardous to your brain.

http://www.nytimes.com/2007/12/09/weekinreview/09baker.html?pagewanted=all&_r=0

NyC police had a hit rate of 23%.

Just because nyc finest don't don't shoot so well under stress doesn't mean all cops can't shoot!

I would not shoot so well if I would knew they counted every slug and published the data.
Aren't they required to carry pistols with 10 pound triggers?

·
Registered
356 Posts
If their motives were't transparent before, they sure as heck are now. Start at the local level and work your way up. Why else should they prohibit body armor? What was the reasoning\ sorry excuse?

·
Registered
243 Posts
Someone should point out to the California legislatures that they should be banning sandbags. They are an evil dual purpose item that should be forbidden in the hands of the public. Not only are they able to stop flooding, they can be used to create barriers for personal protection for when they come to take your liberty. Besides, why do they need sandbags when they don’t have any rain? No flooding there

·
Registered
183 Posts
Dems=Communists.......I say outlaw the Dem party and arrest it's leaders.....try them for treason and then dole out the punishment.....Then America will be great again.....Semper Fi
I think that has been done before, but my history is a little shady. I think there was this guy from Austria who wrote a long winded story while in prison, that did exactly that in Europe a handful of years ago. I don't think it ended to well for people with a certain religous background, or for the whole world for that matter.

This bill is pretty bad, but it is no worse that many of the bills that get posed on a daily basis. Look at SB281 that passed in Maryland. Its crap, but I'm told that is democracy and that is what makes America great.

Baning body armor is something this guy feels like he has to do. People voted him in office, so by association there are people who agree with his logic. That is America right? Personally this is just another item in my list of "Reasons we deserve to fail as a nation".

·
Registered
2,725 Posts
Democracy = Mob Rule

We are supposed to have a Republic...

Use to be 90% of the people couldn't make a 10% minority do anything they really didn't want to do. The progressives have been working long and hard to destroy These united States, limiting our representatives to 435, the 17th amendment (direct election of Senators) , rule changes in both houses of Congress, a Supreme Court that doesn't protect the "peoples" interest, the bastardization of the Constitution... and the list goes ON and ON and ON.

The reason we are failing as a nation because 99% of the people doesn't have a clue of what I just wrote above.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts