M14 Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,454 Posts
I have had an HK 630 for 20+ years, it used to be my go to rifle for calling coyotes. The only issue I have with it is that it ejects brass into the next zip code.

Reactions: bigbang

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Heard that also I have a 630,270 22 CAL ,940 sold pending inspection that on had a cool very clear scope 3x9x45 by seeadler-optik.com ..We have a lot Sitka Blacktails here in Sitka AK they are easy get to 20-70 yards the 630 H&K with Nosier or Barnes bullets neck shots and heart shots drops them in their tracks.

·
Registered
262 Posts
Howdy,

I had one of the first 770's (.308) that came into the U.S.

Nice and accurate rifle.

They were recalled and the replacement had a factory muzzle brake on it.

In the mid-90's I picked up a couple of SL7's (sold one).
These were a "military" version of the sporting rifles.

The one I still have is a tack driver.
Because of the fluted chamber and roller bolt - it does send the empties into the next zip code as previously mentioned.
It also has to be taken down to clean as this design dumps loads of gunk into the receiver.

A good rifle, regardless of version.

Mags are very expensive.

Keep yer powder dry,

John

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for input 630,940,270 came from collector unfired but not for long ,What special tools do I need take down 630,940 ?for cleaning I don't have instructions I just have factory boxes.

·
Registered
1,454 Posts
You are welcome.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.