M14 Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
read on another site that someone had a mks reweld and atf took it. does this apply to any reweld or just the ones sold commercially. i have a reweld that was done up about 20 years ago, was band saw cut so torch damage was not there. bought the whole rifle at a gun show in arizona. this is a complete h and r, dont want to part with it, have never tried to hide it but am worried now after reading his post. the rifle was cut when i bought it and a gunsmith in az put it back together. does anyone know of the legalities of my possession of this rifle? this is going to my grandson someday i hope.

·
Banned
10,629 Posts
to date only MKS rewelds have been confiscated by the ATF. The issue as far as I know was more about the ATF wanting a $200 machine gun tax per about 300 rifles/receivers that were welded back together by MKS. Seems that MKS didn't bother getting the proper approval by the ATF. The cases are in the courts now and the owners awaiting the outcome. Some may get theirs back eventually (if MKS wins) others have lost theirs forever regardless of the outcome.

For those that respond to this topic....Please let's keep it civil and not turn it into a MKS bashing. Thanks, Hawk

1 - 2 of 2 Posts