M14 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
3,997 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Guys please Recommend me a Good Leather Sling for the M14 , This is for a friend . He does not want to break the bank

·
Registered
698 Posts
Why not just get a GI leather 1907 sling? The 1907 sling was still standard issue on the M24 sniper rifles as recently as 2007 (last time I checked). The NSN for them is: 1005-00-714-1245. I've seen a couple that came through the army supply system and they're good quality marked MRT and the date. I've seen these same slings selling on the civilian market for around $35. Treeline used to have them in stock for $66 (way over priced IMHO). Here's a pic of what to look for:

·
In the gilded halls of Valhala
13,515 Posts
I have an mrt sling i found on the floor at a gunstore. Marked 65 and it is pretty nice but i can tell by looking at the les tam that it wont be as stable or rather you cant get slung the way you could with a stouter sling.

·
Registered
2,567 Posts
No problems with Turner

·
Registered
3,206 Posts
I have bought various slings and finally stopped with a couple of leather Turner's slings and I'm happy with them. I had a Biothane All Weather Sling, but found it difficult to adjust the keepers during matches. I've been disappointed with most other slings. The MRT slings can be hit or miss as to leather quality. The Springfield Armory pkg I got with a Loaded was the most disappointing, cheap "star"rivets, thin leather. Uncle Mike's looked more like vinyl/cardboard "pleather". With all the budget sling purchases, I could have bought Les Tam's and been fine. I now always suggest Turner.

·
Registered
1,502 Posts
I have both a Turner and Ron Brown sling and both are good slings. The Ron Brown sling is more attractive in my opinion and will probably last longer (stretch less) but either would probably suit his needs. If he isn't going to compete, then a basic Milspec sling would probably work too.

·
Registered
309 Posts
The first question that should be asked is: "What does HE consider "BREAKING THE BANK?". I know people who think the $28.00 for the Triple K Military Sling from Cabela's will put them in the poor farm. Others I know consider spending the $70.00 for a Turner M1907 military sling just like going to MacDonald's for lunch.

·
Registered
656 Posts
Why not just get a GI leather 1907 sling? The 1907 sling was still standard issue on the M24 sniper rifles as recently as 2007 (last time I checked). The NSN for them is: 1005-00-714-1245. I've seen a couple that came through the army supply system and they're good quality marked MRT and the date. I've seen these same slings selling on the civilian market for around $35. Treeline used to have them in stock for $66 (way over priced IMHO). Here's a pic of what to look for:
You can get them on Amazon for about $20. I bought one for my SAI M1A. Nice thick tanned leather, the keepers are double stitched and very strong, fittings are riveted steel. You can also order them with brass fittings. Hope this link works.

www.amazon.com/Garand-Pattern-Leather-Sling--Genuine/dp/B004G02ULC/ref=sr_:

1 - 20 of 22 Posts