M14 Forum banner
21 - 35 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
4,829 Posts
Same here that F-Cat logo is just to busy and frankly plain UGLY!!!!!!

I like my rifles to be MANLY. A cat on my rifle is almost as bad as a pink paint job or stock. My wife on the other hand, may love the kitty on her rifle.

Can you post some pics of your bolt lug contact please. You say no lapping was necessary? That is awesome! I would love to see it please.

·
Registered
1,083 Posts
That F-Cat logo is a deal breaker for me. This is the exact reason i would never buy an AR made by the company that has a freak'in deer head on their lower receiver.

·
Registered
2,279 Posts
I'm not a fan of the cat either. I am in the market for a receiver and I will consider these without the cat.

Reactions: Doc

·
Registered
55 Posts
receiver markings

Our receivers are available without any markings except our name, city and state, and some type of model designation. We can also custom engrave other things, as long as they are not trade mark protected, other things like birthday, important war date or your name. These engraving changes are available on special orders.
Thanks
Charlie Sporck
Shop = 251-653-8800
E-mail = [email protected]

·
Registered
58 Posts
Our receivers are available without any markings except our name, city and state, and some type of model designation. We can also custom engrave other things, as long as they are not trade mark protected, other things like birthday, important war date or your name. These engraving changes are available on special orders.
Thanks
Charlie Sporck
Shop = 251-653-8800
E-mail = [email protected]
Charlie, A question on marking.
Is marking placement dictated by ATF or maybe part of some kind of approval you receive from ATF? I don't mean to dig into your business model, but just curious and taking into account requirements for font size and depth could the receiver be marked for example on the flat left side and the heel left blank? Kind of a blank canvas so to speak for custom markings.
Thanks in advance for any input.

·
Registered
55 Posts
engravingd-windage

As far as markings I have to put the company name and the city and state.
I can engrave most anything on one for you but you won't be able to engrave one after heat treat. One it will be hardened and hard to cut and two it will cut through the case hardening. I believe I can leave the heal blank and I will check with ATF.

As far as the windage knob goes if you want to use a ball and spring and a Springfield knob you can special order it that way. If you have a GI knob then it will work because the 4 bumps on the knob will divide evenly into the 8 serrations on the receiver.

Let me know if you want me to make a special order, call for a quote.

Thanks
Charlie Sporck
Shop 251-653-8800
[email protected]

·
Registered
2,279 Posts
As far as markings I have to put the company name and the city and state.
I can engrave most anything on one for you but you won't be able to engrave one after heat treat. One it will be hardened and hard to cut and two it will cut through the case hardening. I believe I can leave the heal blank and I will check with ATF.

As far as the windage knob goes if you want to use a ball and spring and a Springfield knob you can special order it that way. If you have a GI knob then it will work because the 4 bumps on the knob will divide evenly into the 8 serrations on the receiver.

Let me know if you want me to make a special order, call for a quote.

Thanks
Charlie Sporck
Shop 251-653-8800
[email protected]
I believe the problem is the logo, not the regular heel stamping. Can you make receivers without the cat logo?

Reactions: XM25Ren

·
Registered
55 Posts
Markings

The only requirement is to have company name, city and state, serial number, and some type of model designation.
Other than that the rest of the markings can be left off.
If you want to add or re-locate any markings contact me for a quote.

Thanks
Charlie Sporck
Shop= 251-653-8800
E-mail= [email protected]

21 - 35 of 35 Posts