M14 Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,385 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We take a trip every December to the Crossroads gun show in Vegas.

Stopped in Beatty on our way over to this little spot where we stocked up on our ammo cans. Had them out there for 6$ each. They had THOUSANDS laid out there of all sizes.

When we got to the show, I was surprised at how much import Chinese crap there was this year. Couldn't find any GI M14 magazines, just hordes of the Korean imports and SAI magazines. Found a guy with four W marked but he wouldn't sell. Same goes with scopes. Every table that had optics was Chinese Knockoff ACOGS and Aimpoints. Only saw three real ACOG's in the entire show. I was pretty much sifting through Chinese imports to find the real stuff.

These Crossroads shows are really going to crap with all of the Jewelry and Asian imports.

Anyways, after lunch we got the little guy a new toy.

Firecrackers are for babies. Big boys play with Grenades.

I did buy a bunch of M14 parts and tools though. Along with a bunch of magazines, loading components and a new barrel and stock for my 10/22.

·
Registered
1,385 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
that pic is cute.... how did his mother respond to that pic??? lol!!!!

She knew it was a dummy so she didn't mind. What really gets her blood boiling though is when he's in the reloading room with me throwing brass into either his mouth or the turtle pond.

·
Registered
1,385 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
lol.... ya i can see how that wud.... there so impressionable at that age, we have to start them off right!!!!
I've got a picture of him somewhere where he's holding my XD.... Need to look around so I can post it.

·
Registered
3,997 Posts
The Turtle
That is Priceless way too cool. A Liberal He will Not Be

·
Banned
937 Posts

·
Registered
252 Posts
Maybe if I bought a Chinese knockoff scope I could keep the scope body and replace all the components with US GI NOS parts. I heard those forged scope bodies are awesome and a purchase like this isn't helping the godless chinese commies, is it? GI2

·
Registered
1,882 Posts
Perfect captions for that picture:

Hmmmmm....I wonder what this does?

or

It's OK - my daddy gave it to me!

Don't get me wrong - I love the picture!!

·
Registered
6,577 Posts
She knew it was a dummy so she didn't mind. What really gets her blood boiling though is when he's in the reloading room with me throwing brass into either his mouth or the turtle pond.
Cute kid. You may want to re-think having him in the reloading room, though. First thing a kid that age does is put things in his mouth. Lead residue is a real issue, particularly early in life.

Understand, I'm not a lead alarmist; I let my older kids pack/sort brass and cartridges for me (which they enjoy), but I make sure they wash their hands directly afterward.

Something to think about, anyway. GI2

·
Registered
1,385 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Cute kid. You may want to re-think having him in the reloading room, though. First thing a kid that age does is put things in his mouth. Lead residue is a real issue, particularly early in life.

Understand, I'm not a lead alarmist; I let my older kids pack/sort brass and cartridges for me (which they enjoy), but I make sure they wash their hands directly afterward.

Something to think about, anyway. GI2
He only gets into the cleaned brass, and he's never in there when I'm rolling out some ammo.

Anyways, CPS can SMD. IF he was holding a loaded gun and it went boom, I can see how they would be interested in me. An unloaded gun, while supervised, just for a picture is a totally different story.

How is it any different from teaching your kids to shoot?

·
Registered
1,385 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
You're lucky that it lasted this long for you. Crossroads of the West went TU more than ten years ago out here in the PRK. It's more of a flea market than gunshow anymore.
I never go to the CA gun shows anyways. Nothing but bolt actions and trinkets.

Pathetic.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.