M14 Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
4,299 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I went to a local Gun Show today with the young guy I am teaching to shoot. It was his 1st Gun Show.

It was not Crowded like they usually are. I take the less than Zoo type atmosphere as a sign things are calming down. Usually by the second day there is not much left in the way of Ammo or reloading supplies but today there was plenty. Most places had fairly good prices
ARs from $690 to $2000 all over the place and I saw a SA NM M1A for $1900 and a SOCOM for $1800. Not the worst prices i have seen.

There was power and primers at not too over the top prices but one thing I did notice every booth that had primers had cases and cases of Winchester primers and nobody went near them. Nor did I .

The Gougers were there and no one was buying either. CCI Mini-Mags $20.00 for 100,Rem Thunder bolt $10.00 for 50,Tulammo 7.62x39 for $7 or $8 bucks.
No name M1A Mags for $26.00 and No window AR PMAGS for $25.00. I was looking for a couple Ruger Mini-30 Mags but all i found was some Plastic no name ones for $45.00.
People looked,laughed and walked on.
All in all not a bad show!

·
Registered
539 Posts
That all sounds pretty typical. Who knows where the Mini-Mags are coming from, I work in a large gunshop and we can't get them at all. CCI Standard Velocity has started coming, but haven't seen Mini-Mags for month, and then no real numbers.

·
Registered
4,299 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That all sounds pretty typical. Who knows where the Mini-Mags are coming from, I work in a large gunshop and we can't get them at all. CCI Standard Velocity has started coming, but haven't seen Mini-Mags for month, and then no real numbers.
Maybe at that price they have been sitting on them for a while. Another guy had them them $15.00 per hundred. A real bargain !

·
Registered
531 Posts
At the Crossroads show here at University of Phoenix I got pull down SMK 175 HPBT for $34 per 150 and LC brass cleaned, deprimed and swaged for $45 per 250. No real deals when you pay tax but had a VIP pass and was convenient. AR abundance as usual with all the crazy gizmos, massage slippers and jewelry. Oh, and a full bar set up! All we needed was a stripper pole and dancers and the trip would have been well worth it. P_GP_G

·
Registered
316 Posts
I occasionally set up at some of the DFW shows with my bayonets and knives, but have generally found it to be a waste of time. I enjoy walking the show more than anything and occasionally purchasing something I want or need. In terms of setting up, I'm sick of people handling my blades without any care or courtesy and getting all upset when I won't sell them one for 1/4 of what I bought it for. People have been watching too much of Rick's dealings on Pawn Stars...

The last few shows I've been to, the crowds have been smaller than I've seen in the last 3.5 years and nobody is spending any money unless they're buying new handguns or think they can flip the item quickly for a few hundred dollars.

·
Registered
293 Posts
I rarely go to gun shows these days. They are a rip off. In California the Crossroads gun shows charge you about $14 to $16 to get in. Add parking for another $7 and then I drive about 30 miles to the show so I am into the show for about $35 including gas and I have not even walked in the show door yet.

I can usually find better deals on the internet. If ammo drops in price more it might be worth going to the gun show to avoid the shipping costs. But that would be about it. I have a good selection of favorites on my computer that support all my firearms needs and I rarely want for anything that would force me to go to a gun show.

With that being said it is good entertainment to walk around the show with your buddy or your wife and just shop around and get some walking exercise.

Cheers.

Phil

·
Registered
531 Posts
I agree there's better prices online but it is a option to get hands on something you've been eyeballin, then go order it online. My dad usually logs in on a local talk radio show website daily and builds up points to get free passes. The shows at U of P Stadium don't charge for parking so ends up being a cheap date.

·
Registered
4,299 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
What did you mean when you said nobody went near the Winchester primers? Is there something wrong with them?
We had a few guys here who had some problems with Lg Rifle Primers and I actually ordered Win Sm Pistol primers from one of he site sponsers and he cancelled my order saying there was some issue with them.

I can only say there were loads of them at every table untouched while I only saw a few boxes of CCI and S&B left.

Reactions: TheShooter

·
Registered
5,425 Posts
We had a few guys here who had some problems with Lg Rifle Primers and I actually ordered Win Sm Pistol primers from one of he site sponsers and he cancelled my order saying there was some issue with them.

I can only say there were loads of them at every table untouched while I only saw a few boxes of CCI and S&B left.
See any Federals? Those things don't last long in my neck of the woods. I will never buy another winchester primer.

·
Registered
203 Posts
I went to a local Gun Show today with the young guy I am teaching to shoot. It was his 1st Gun Show.

It was not Crowded like they usually are. I take the less than Zoo type atmosphere as a sign things are calming down. Usually by the second day there is not much left in the way of Ammo or reloading supplies but today there was plenty. Most places had fairly good prices
ARs from $690 to $2000 all over the place and I saw a SA NM M1A for $1900 and a SOCOM for $1800. Not the worst prices i have seen.

There was power and primers at not too over the top prices but one thing I did notice every booth that had primers had cases and cases of Winchester primers and nobody went near them. Nor did I .

The Gougers were there and no one was buying either. CCI Mini-Mags $20.00 for 100,Rem Thunder bolt $10.00 for 50,Tulammo 7.62x39 for $7 or $8 bucks.
No name M1A Mags for $26.00 and No window AR PMAGS for $25.00. I was looking for a couple Ruger Mini-30 Mags but all i found was some Plastic no name ones for $45.00.
People looked,laughed and walked on.
All in all not a bad show!
This must have been the show at the Civic Center? I went in Saturday morning with a vendor friend of mine at 8 o'clock. There were already guys lined up waiting to get in. I bought two pounds of powder and some M14 parts. I got the heck out of there before they unlocked the front door.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts