M14 Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
744 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
At the Cross roads gun show today I found a magazine. At first I thought it was GI, marked HR-R. But the lug seems to be only half. It was marked 25.00, I offered him 20 andd he took it. I'll be trying it Monday at the range to see how well it works. I'm pretty sure it is GI, and will be good. Just the half lug that I haven't seen before. I forgot to ad this one side of the magazine has a cut out, seen in the picture added.

·
Registered
4,006 Posts
Is that an gen1 AR10 conversion?

I think it is. I believe that Armalite used to modify M-14 mags for thier AR .308's. It looks like it might work as the bottom of the mag catch is what holds the mag in place. It doesn't look like thats been changed. I hope they haven't messed with the feed lips or changed the follower. Proof is in the testing. dozier

·
Registered
3,997 Posts
I think it is. I believe that Armalite used to modify M-14 mags for thier AR .308's. It looks like it might work as the bottom of the mag catch is what holds the mag in place. It doesn't look like thats been changed. I hope they haven't messed with the feed lips or changed the follower. Proof is in the testing. dozier
Along with Armalite, I think there was another rifle they were converted for

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.