M14 Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Honorable Discharge
638 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The Dumbest Gun Regulations in the U.S. Today

http://www.outdoorlife.com/photos/gallery/guns/rifles/2011/06/21-worst-gun-laws-ever?

There are about 20,000 federal, state, and local gun laws in the United States, making firearms the most regulated gear item an outdoorsman can buy.

Federal gun laws fall into two broad categories: the 1968 Gun Control Act and the 1934 National Firearms Act. The GCA regulates with guns that anyone who hasn't commited a felony can buy at a local gun shop. The NFA deals with guns like machine guns and sawed-off shotguns.

In the federal Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives’ 468-page compilation of state and local laws, five states combined -- California, Illinois, Massachusetts, New Jersey and New York -- take up about a third of the book. California’s laws alone fill 68 pages of fine print.

With the pages and pages of regulations, it can be difficult to keep track of the most outrageous laws, so we went to our veteran Second Amendment writer and Gun Shots blogger John Haugey to put together his list of the dumbest gun restrictions in the books.

(click the article above for the rest of the story...)

·
Inquisitor
11,356 Posts
Good reading. They all hold a special place in my heart but 21 was pretty funny.

·
Registered
1,839 Posts
But the laws stop crime? Right???

Reactions: GARRARD

·
Registered
496 Posts
I thought #14 was totally ridiculous. A moving gun free zone? Who does he think he is, that his mere presence changes our rights/actions from legal and constitutionally protected to illegal, just because one of the bums from the hill walks in?

·
Registered
3,693 Posts
AFAIK microstamping legislation is pushed every year in every state by the company that owns the patents needed to microstamp. Oh yeah, that's gotta be good gun control!

When the "1 gun a month" law was passed in Virginia, my buddy misunderstood the law. He thought he was required to buy one gun a month... at least that's exactly what he did until his wife put up a fuss!

The state college campus bans on firearms leave me speechless. You all know what happened at Virginia Tech. It was a horrible tragedy for far too many people. I can almost guarantee that day wouldn't have been nearly as bad if the same psycho had run amok at VA Tech 30 years ago because back then there would have been plenty of pickup trucks with firearms in them much closer than the police. The VA Attorney General recently ruled that UVA can't prohibit citizens with a CHP from walking through campus. However, UVA can prohibit concealed carry by students, faculty, employees, and anyone attending a University event.

To make matters worse, there is specific legislation prohibiting concealed carry by anyone, anywhere on the Virginia Commonwealth University campus. The problem is that it's an urban campus, crossing public streets and mixed in with private buildings of all kinds. Some places it's impossible to know whether or not you're on the campus! Plus parts of it are in pretty bad neighborhoods.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.