M14 Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
All three of the carriers have gotten so bad in there handling of firearms, that I now try to include a little money in a sale to cover shipping in a hard case. Here’s one that Walmart has that delivered to my house thru Walmart.com was just over $32, so I get a case in a box that I can then put the case back in for shipping.

Even holds a long old M91 Mosin

Plano Pro-Max PillarLock Single Gun Case, Airline Approved, Black https://www.walmart.com/ip/19281921

Anyone see anything about as good cheaper?

·
Registered
100 Posts
I use a pelican rifle case when I sell/trade with anyone....its heavier and cost a bit more, returning the case is always part of the deal... but rifles are never damaged. The best part of this method is working out another deal so the case doesn't have to ship back empty.

·
Registered
10,300 Posts
I recently shipped an M1 in the new large and heavy size CMP M1 case and shipping was over $100! A case like the OP has is perfectly acceptable and offers at least adequate protection if inside a box as well.
Shipping big cases back and forth seems a bit excessive to me.

·
Registered
2,474 Posts
All three of the carriers have gotten so bad in there handling of firearms, that I now try to include a little money in a sale to cover shipping in a hard case. Here’s one that Walmart has that delivered to my house thru Walmart.com was just over $32, so I get a case in a box that I can then put the case back in for shipping.

Even holds a long old M91 Mosin

Plano Pro-Max PillarLock Single Gun Case, Airline Approved, Black https://www.walmart.com/ip/19281921

Anyone see anything about as good cheaper?
I sold a bunch of rifles last year in a "similar" ( Flambeau ) rifle cases and boxes. I think they were about $15 each from Walmart. All shipped UPS Ground and no problems.

Reactions: Stew15948

·
Registered
100 Posts
I just sent 3 in one case, it was about 120 bucks out with 1500 insurance and tracking. Coming back empty with no need for insurance was 32. USPS. 120 bucks to ship three guns what will no way get banged up seems Ok to me. I’ve experienced the broken stock rifle being delivered. Never ends well.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
1 - 6 of 6 Posts