M14 Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was looking for something fun to carry my pup to the range (use safe for storage). Still need to finish the front for M&P9mm or mags. A collapsed M4 fit great into the same case. The storage box had to be cut for barrel on both M4 and Pup. Hot glue gun worked to keep foam together and mend fabric.

Pictures:

·
Registered
4,237 Posts
That's slick, reminds me of something out of the '30s.

On a side note I've noticed a couple of people with their scoped rifles in cases with the scope on the bottom, it may not make a bit of a difference but if it were me I'd put the scope on the top so that the rifle was supporting the scope instead of the other way around. But I can sometimes be a bit anal about things so please don't be offended.

·
Cranky Old Vietnam Vet
10,663 Posts
Anybody that knows Me would say...

A Guitar !?!?

BANANA1

Yeah, Right...

He's Got A Bad-Ass GUN in there!!!

GI5

CAVman in WYoming

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

On a side note I've noticed a couple of people with their scoped rifles in cases with the scope on the bottom, it may not make a bit of a difference but if it were me I'd put the scope on the top so that the rifle was supporting the scope instead of the other way around. But I can sometimes be a bit anal about things so please don't be offended.
Really good point. The cool part about the foam, you can flip it and it works just the same. Except the other side has pen marks on it, but I can trim them off easily. Electric turkey cutter is incredible for cutting foam.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
Very Cool, I like it.
Where did you get the foam?
Friend had Pelican 3 piece kits leftover. They go for $24 on amazon and only need 2 for doing back of guitar case. With my rifle, I can use the cutout section to make adjustments for front of case. Someone mentioned local art supply stores selling foam. Didn't check it out though.

·
Registered
212 Posts
[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sPCO2NpAQV8[/ame]

Reactions: str8shooter

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Just back from range. People were loving the case. Must remember to let the rifle cool before putting away.

·
Registered
5,679 Posts
Keep that in mind when you're around a music store, a pawn shop, flea mkt, garage sale. The guitar SOFT cases are also perfect height & length for a M4gery with optical sight like ACOG or EOTech. I gave $5 for one that's as good a construction & inside padding as a $40 rifle case.

·
In the gilded halls of Valhala
13,515 Posts

looks like he can just flip it

I want to get the longer pelican, take out the foam and use a drag bag... someone suggested that, its a great idea.

·
Registered
3,005 Posts
Just make sure the latches, hinges, and handle are sturdy enough for the weight.
Some are simple 'split rivet' on the inside with no reinforcing washers - can pull out.
Also some music cases are low strength fiber board ....

Jay Kosta
Endwell NY USA

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Just make sure the latches, hinges, and handle are sturdy enough for the weight.
Some are simple 'split rivet' on the inside with no reinforcing washers - can pull out.
Also some music cases are low strength fiber board ....
Good point. Its a work in progress and will drill thicker rivets vs the 1/8th ones in place now. The wood or particle board frame isn't too bad.

·
Registered
1,567 Posts
Off to Drum City-Guitar Land

later, dozer

·
Registered
7,441 Posts

Nyah, Al Capone, Machine Gun Kelly, and Edward G Robinson thought of it foist, see? Nyah.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts