M14 Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I would like to find a Guide Book from the early 60s. Does anyone know where I could find one?

·
Registered
89 Posts
Guide book

PETE,

GO TO EBAY,type in USMC guide book 1960s , in the search,I 've seen them

once in awhile.YOUR DI TOLD YOU TO HOLD ON TO THEM!!!!!!!!!

SEMPR FI

TOM

USMC 64-68

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the reply. I have tried E-Bay with no luck so far. Yes I remeber him telling me that. Unfortunatly I lost it and other books in a move. I have my son's from the 90s.

I remeber reading The Guide Book for Marines in grade school. It was in the libraryGI2

·
Registered
518 Posts
Pete:

The Amherst Depot has them from 1947-2006. There not cheap.

Siefly
MC1

·
SGT of Marines
332 Posts
Thanks siefly, I just ordered two, one for me from 1964 and one for my 88 year old golf buddy who served from December 1942 to the end of the war.
Yep, he still plays golf every week, weather permitting.

·
Registered
784 Posts
A little known fact !

I threw mine away , as it seemed outdated the day I got it ! CAMOHELMET

I like to look at it today !

·
Registered
62 Posts
Still have mine plus a like new 1941 Guidebook for Marines that I found in a dumpster in Beaufort SC. I never digged far but I did find some neat old stuff.

·
Registered
1,252 Posts
I still have mine but the important book to have kept is the fmfm-6-5. I have my dad's too from 1965. Infantry tactics. explained real simple, marine like.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Been looking for a replacement Guidebook from my era ('65 to '69).
My original was in my extra seabag, which got lost (no ****) while in storage, when I went to Nam the second time. When it was found and returned after I was discharged, the bottom was torn, and my Guidebook was gone, along with other things.

I'll give the suggestions here a try.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Saving it for my boy

I still have mine from 1992. It, my BST, and other gear are locked up in a footlocker in the attic. I’m just waiting for my son to be old enough to ask me about it on his own. It is a time capsule waiting for him to discover DI2

·
Banned
1,374 Posts
I had such a bad short-timer's attitude that mine went to the dumpster. I couldn't imagine that I would ever bother, but I replaced it for a reasonable price a couple of years back. Of course I also couldn't imagine at the time that I'd fork over $1,500 to go to a reunion thirty years later. Now I have additional guidebooks from 1940 and 1949.

"Mexico wouldn't have drug cartels if the US had secure borders."

·
Registered
1,554 Posts
I still have my original issue Guidebook from July, 1960. It's in a footlocker-type wooden chest with a lot of old Corps recruiting brochures, decals, stickers, etc. It is definitely a time capsule.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts