M14 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

· Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey! I'm Reid, and I am new to the forums and do NOT yet own an M1A. I do however love the 7.62 and would like to own this rifle. So, assuming I had an unlimited budget what changes would you guys recommend as to body kits, keeping it original, optics and scopes, etc.? I am open to buying two of these rifles. One with original wood furnishing and one with a modernized body kit so any response is appreciated.

Reid

· Registered
5,759 Posts
Welcome to the forum, give these M14 addicts some time to wake from their M14 Forum overdose, and you will get all the inputs you are looking for. As far as spending your money, better hire someone to manage it, because this crowd will be more than glad to spend it for you.

· Retired Admin
I lost all my firearms in the Rio Grande when the barge hit a sandbar and sank.
22,969 Posts
Great decision in registering here and most definite you came to the correct place to learn more about the M14 Battlerifle and military surplus ammunition for her nutritional dietary needs, welcome on board and enjoy the site and I hope you post often ReidBassGod.

DI5

· Registered
1,329 Posts
Hey! I'm Reid, and I am new to the forums and do NOT yet own an M1A. I do however love the 7.62 and would like to own this rifle. So, assuming I had an unlimited budget what changes would you guys recommend as to body kits, keeping it original, optics and scopes, etc.? I am open to buying two of these rifles. One with original wood furnishing and one with a modernized body kit so any response is appreciated.

Reid
Welcome Neighbor, glad to have you aboard. regarding upgrades etc., Just buy ammo and a good cleaning kit at first----the rest will come with timeUSN2

· Premium Member
5,681 Posts
Welcome to the forum from central MS.... you will find lots of friendly folks here that will be willing to help...You won't have to look far from home to get great advice... your fellow Texan Bamban is a wealth of knowledge

· Registered
3,448 Posts
Welcome from Friendswood! + 1 on what rwilli said. Find one that suits your needs now or start with a basic M1A/M14 and shoot it for a while to see where you want to go with it. These rifles are a dream to shoot with irons, that is my gig. I can see merit in having the two that you are thinking about, like they say, just do it!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.