M14 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Greetings from Phoenix metro area (Mesa, AZ, technically). I've lurked here account-less for a while, decided to make an account in anticipation of some upcoming purchases from the Classifieds... thought it'd be appropriate time to introduce myself now.

I don't yet have an M1A.

>GASP! THE CROWD FALLS SILENT!<

Yes, that's right, my collection is lacking... GI3 I've spent my money on black rifles and polymer for most of my shooting life, but started looking into building a precision semi-auto 1000-meter rifle and kept coming back to the M1A. So, here I am.

I appreciate the 'classic' M14/M1A look (walnut stock, 7790688 bipod, Brookfield mount, leather strap, bayo lug, etc.) without going overboard for an ART II or NIMROD and collector grade stock. I'm building a shooter that can hold its own against my friends and their modern 308 rifles.

Well, there you have it. Nice to be here. GI2

·
Administrator
17,179 Posts
Now you have made the correct decision in registering here and most definite you came to the correct place to learn more about the M14 Battlerifle and military surplus ammunition for her nutritional dietary needs, welcome on board and enjoy the site and I hope you can post often Mr.Maim. Have a good week ahead.

·
Registered
8,082 Posts
Welcome from the So CA desert

·
Forum Jester
6,901 Posts
phoenix,home of pinnacle peaks and reatta pass steak joints

·
Registered
1,660 Posts
Dude. It's about time you showed up here!

I will vouch for this fellow 110% and I don't even have to go out on a limb to do it. He will make a fine member here, I assure you. Anyone who does business with Mr.Maim will find him rock reliable.

Glad to see ya, my friend.

·
Premium Member
Honorary Forum Lifer
16,047 Posts
Welcome in from SoCal!

Any friend of Luck#13 will be a good dude.

For a M1A, get a Super Match right out of the gate. Yeah it's a few bucks but I climbed up the wrong way and paid way more than that plus a proper scope in the end. Buy once, cry once for both guns and optics.
m14brian

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Dude. It's about time you showed up here!

I will vouch for this fellow 110% and I don't even have to go out on a limb to do it. He will make a fine member here, I assure you. Anyone who does business with Mr.Maim will find him rock reliable.

Glad to see ya, my friend.
Lucky#13! I thought I saw your avatar out of the corner of my eye on a post or two! Thank you very much for the props, I appreciate it, I try my best to hold myself to the Golden Rule... I'm glad to see that others recognize and appreciate that.

I figured an M1A would be a nice break from the 'NFA world' but now I find myself looking at a Transferrable M-14 (laugh!) I'll do my best to keep this one semi-auto.

Thank you for the welcome, I hope to see you again soon my friend!

Welcome in from SoCal!

For a M1A, get a Super Match right out of the gate. Yeah it's a few bucks but I climbed up the wrong way and paid way more than that plus a proper scope in the end. Buy once, cry once for both guns and optics.
m14brian
Thank you sir for the welcome and greetings!

Noted on the Super Match, thank you for the bit of advice. I will add that to my list of "to research" items on this forum, if I can't find enough info I'll start a new discussion!

...same with optics... that's a slippery slope that I'd like to get right the first time!

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Welcome in from SoCal!

m14brian
@m14brian , you're right. Considering everything I'd do to a regular M1A to accurize it, the Super Match is really the best way to start.

Soooo... I just bought a Super Match. S/N 2174xx. I'll get it in a couple weeks when I return from my business trip.

I'm pretty stoked! GI1

I'll start a new thread when I have it.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts