M14 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Dear All,

it's a pleasure to be here. My name is Alessandro and I am an Italian guns freak :)

I have a small collection of firearms, many of them american made such as a
eddystone mod 1917, a m1 garand, a m1 carbine and so on...

Unfortunately it is quite difficult to find some good quality m14 for a reasonable price but for now I have a decent chinese Norinco that I'm now customizing with an ebr stock in a desperate struggle to create something looking like an ebr-ri.

I'm at your disposal for any question. If you are interested in my project i will soon publish some pictures about it.

Sorry if sometimes my english sucks, is everything but perfect.

Best Regards,

Alessandro

·
Retired Admin
I lost all of my rifles & handguns in a mishap on Rio Grande when the barge hit a sandbar and sank.
19,025 Posts
Welcome to the M14 Forum leviathan1942. Just make yourself at home here. Check out the unique forums across the site and let us hear from you often.

DI5

·
Registered
2,692 Posts
Welcome from Canada.

Canadians have a great deal of experience with the Chinese M14 clones, and in gebneral we find them excellent value for the money. But then we get them NEW for about $ 700 Canadian.

For lots of Chinese specific M14 advice, check out the web site at M14.CA. I wrote up some notes for a seminar I used to teach on the M14 rifles: Inspection, Maintenance, repairs, and Modifications. I deal extensively with the common Chinese 14 issues.

http://www.m14.ca/seminar/M14_Seminar_EBR.pdf

PS: you may be able to make some spare $$$ if you can source and resell some of the excellent Beretta and Breda Garand and BM 59 parts still available at reasonable prices in Italy, and getting scarce and expensive here in North America.

Good luck with your build.
Larry Z

·
Registered
202 Posts
Another welcome from Minnesota. Very long standing history of many fine Italian built firearms. My Beretta A390 is my go to shotgun. Absolutely love everything about it. But some their high-end customs can stand with anyone. Luciano Bosis for one.

·
Registered
1,454 Posts
Welcome from Southern IL.

·
Banned
4,039 Posts
Alessandro,

Welcome from the piney woods of East Texas.

I do have a question for you.

There is a melon in Italy that is bright orange on the outside and white and juicy on the inside.

I have been trying for a few years to find out what they are called so I can grow them here in Texas.

They have got to be the most delicious melons I have ever had.

Might you happen to know what they are called?

Dave

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Thank You everyone for the warm welcome :)

My birthplace is Rome, where I still live most of the time, but the company I work for is from Verona, in the North of Italy (Romeo & Juliet, you know :) )

I also wish to thanks Lazerus2000 for the useful link he gave me.

I will let you know the status of my project in the dedicated section of the forum.

For the moment just a pick of a group I made with my norinco at 100 m with cheap ammo and iron sights. I'm below an average shooter, but the barrel should be straight enough for making an ebr build :)

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Alessandro,

Welcome from the piney woods of East Texas.

I do have a question for you.

There is a melon in Italy that is bright orange on the outside and white and juicy on the inside.

I have been trying for a few years to find out what they are called so I can grow them here in Texas.

They have got to be the most delicious melons I have ever had.

Might you happen to know what they are called?

Dave
Dear Dave,

Is this one the Melon you are looking for?

If the answer is yes, then it's a Melone Bianco (White Melon), or Melone Gialletto (Almost...Yellow..like Melon? not sure about the translation here :D )

It is an extremely healty fruit. I hope I was able to help you :)

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.