M14 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
248 Posts
What a load of crappola. What are they going to do next, sell these new lead/caffeine/sugar free earth friendly bullets at Whole Foods between the gluten free food on one side, and Jack's magic bean stalk beans on the other?

·
Registered
1,794 Posts
I hunt with 2 types of ammunition over here, unleaded bullets (Hornady GMX) on federal property ( mandatory ) and leaded on private grounds. If you don't hit a bone with unleaded bullets mushrooming is unsatisfactory and you need a good dog to track the animal.
Wolf

·
Registered
1,667 Posts
I suppose I need to surrender all of my lead, bullet molds and casting equipment to the nearest Gestapo headquarters.....but it is for my safety after all.

Screw that, they can come pick up my lead and casting equipment when they come and try to confiscate my firearms.

·
Banned
4,039 Posts
I suppose I need to surrender all of my lead, bullet molds and casting equipment to the nearest Gestapo headquarters.....but it is for my safety after all.

Screw that, they can come pick up my lead and casting equipment when they come and try to confiscate my firearms.
...and may I venture to say you will "give it to them"??? All they need and more.

·
Registered
2,863 Posts
Some states outlawed lead shot and replaced it with steel for upland bird and waterfowl hunting and what they've found is that the amount of game wounded by these which later died and were unharvestable rose to levels far in excess of lead shot. Lead is far more humane, which is why it was used in the first place.

The anti-gunners responsible for this attempt to infringe upon our freedoms worship the civil rights icons of the 1950's and 60's and consider them heroes for ignoring unjust laws. I wonder how charitable they'll be toward those who ignore the ban on lead bullets, which is likely to be widespread?

·
Banned
4,039 Posts
I am sorry liberals, but you underhanded attempt to ban shooting does not hold any historical water.

hmmm...let me think and analyze this for a second.

OK...LEAD pollutes the environment, so they say
OK...LEAD when it breaks down pollutes the earth and the water
OK...therefore...

in over a hundred years time, Antietam Creek in MD should be totally uninhabitable right now....right? No fish, turtles, frogs, mugwumps, or flora?

and NOTHING grows in the fields of Gettysburg, Cold Harbor, Chickamagua, or the area around Lookout Mountain....right?

or for that matter 100s of other battlefields on this continent or any other.

Has anyone visited Waterloo lately to see the environmental damage done to that few square miles of real estate? I bet it is a barren wasteland according to their logic. ALL of those battle rifles/muskets used soft lead as a projectile.

·
Registered
3,789 Posts
All of us have budgetary limits, but in view of such rulings and if you reload(if you don't, suggest you start soon) I would buy some of those nasty lead core bullets for down the road use. Legislation/regulations can at times be reversed or revised, but that is a slow process and at times does not take place. Personally I see nothing wrong with hording of supplies, components, etc. and the way things are going regarding ammo, those that don't will have to go without. Just a suggestion.

·
Registered
143 Posts
And just how do they propose to get rid of the naturally occurring lead ore? Next they will want to put diapers on deer and other critters to prevent water pollution.

·
Registered
6,409 Posts
i guess they dont realize that copper kills plantlife. if you miss your deer and it sinks into a 600 year old redwood and it dies thats ok. maybe thats their plan and they know it. ban lead then waste millions on a study how copper is killing trees. soon after that they ban copper bullets.

it gos to show you just how stupid they are. the desert southwest is THE best place to dove hunt, always has been. and seeing how the southwest has supplied the entire united stated with veggis all year round, how many cases of lead poisoning have you heard of coming from vegitables? none that i can think of. this soil has so much lead in it from the years of shooing birds. also, in yuma, the cibola mine area was a major producer of lead since the days of the conquistador and was a major producer for lead in ww2. its loaded with the stuff. so how on earth is this stuff bad again? i also wonder if they know that it comes from uranium? our veggis are growning in it too.

·
Registered
1,794 Posts
And just how do they propose to get rid of the naturally occurring lead ore? Next they will want to put diapers on deer and other critters to prevent water pollution.
And exhaustfilters on cattle.

·
Registered
1,794 Posts
German ammo factory RWS replaces lead with tin. Not a bad idea but really expensive.
Wolf

·
Registered
143 Posts
i guess they dont realize that copper kills plantlife. if you miss your deer and it sinks into a 600 year old redwood and it dies thats ok. maybe thats their plan and they know it. ban lead then waste millions on a study how copper is killing trees. soon after that they ban copper bullets.

it gos to show you just how stupid they are. the desert southwest is THE best place to dove hunt, always has been. and seeing how the southwest has supplied the entire united stated with veggis all year round, how many cases of lead poisoning have you heard of coming from vegitables? none that i can think of. this soil has so much lead in it from the years of shooing birds. also, in yuma, the cibola mine area was a major producer of lead since the days of the conquistador and was a major producer for lead in ww2. its loaded with the stuff. so how on earth is this stuff bad again? i also wonder if they know that it comes from uranium? our veggis are growning in it too.
They already know that copper can kill plants, fish, frogs, etc. It is also moderately toxic for birds. Most of the toxic elements occur naturally. We have more to worry about from Radon gas than lead or copper. Lets face it living is hazardous to your health.

·
Registered
1,794 Posts
Well, some heavy metals are more dangerous than others. It is undisputed that lead is one of the more dangerous ones. Question is, whether it accumulates in our bodies as fast as they wants us to know.
Wolf

·
Registered
178 Posts
Steel core for everybody! Solid copper $$$. Frangable $$$ Plastic pollutes too can't use that. How about care bear ammo that shoots rainbows of love!

1 - 20 of 32 Posts