M14 Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Want to get a garand or two and i see those rack grade garands on cmp's website aren't very expensive. So are they worth getting? If I do get one I'm thinking on sending it somewhere to be rebarreled to .308. Thoughts and opinions appreciated.

·
Registered
1,929 Posts
IMHO, the rack grades are definately worth buying - as long as you look at it as buying a parts kit for a build. I've seen posts from guys that have gotten some really nice RG Greeks, and others that well, let's just say the rifles lived down to expectations... ;)

I ordered a Service Grade Greek HRA. Ended up sending it back. How that one went out as a SG I'll never know... :roll:

·
Registered
58 Posts
For $295 a good deal...if you plan to go 308 (or rebarrel) a good way to go and plan on (perhaps) wood as a couple of Greek Rackers I've seen had oil soaked wood and poor lockup.

The last two RG USGI ones this year, had very good wood, tight lockup . One of the barrels was shot out (as advertised) but the other was a nice 2/43 with MW 1.5 and TE 3, no chrome and bright bore...so go figure.

·
Registered
177 Posts
Well worth the money if a new barrel is in your dreams . I've bought a couple and they haven't been shipped out for barrels yet but they will .
I did build a couple .308's out of parts and they turned out pretty nice .

Jack

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.