M14 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone! Like most all of you I've got a M14 and have been searching all over the net for information on it. It's a Chinese Polytech that I got from a guy at work. The best part is I only paid $100.00 bucks for it! Yep you heard it right. He needed cash and I was looking. All about being at the right palce at the right time.

I was looking at the Springfield M1's when this deal came along. So, now I'm looking to get some work done on it. Things like USGI bolt modification etc. Take a look at the pictures I've posted of it and let me know what other options/modifications would be good to make this a reliable rack grade rifle.

Thanks!

·
Retired
4,700 Posts
Wow, a hundred bucks for a Poly M14??? I 'd say you are either a thief or a liar.ICONLOL That rifle is worth much more than that.
As for the bolt conversion, a lot of guys have their headspace measured and check it every couple thousand rounds and see if it gets longer. If not, why spend the money on a USGI bolt plus the costs of installing it?
I think you need to have 5 posts to be able to post pics, so we are waiting...GI1
Congrats on the deal of the century.

·
Registered
2,519 Posts
Welcome to the forum from NorCal. I think your experience has got to be the least expensive entry in the owner's group I have heard of yet. Lot of info on your rifle and the work you want to do on it. As you have seen already, folks jump right in with answers and advice. Have a good time.

·
Rest in Peace Federal
10,217 Posts
Welcome aboard, bsch899, if that same guy has anymore, I'll take ten. GI2GI2 I am sure you will enjoy the forums and being here with us, have fun.

-

·
Registered
2,021 Posts
Welcome to the forum and congrats on your new rifle. A new bolt would be the first thing on my list.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts