M14 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3,217 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Went to the range this afternoon with a friend, had a great time. Weather was prefect and everyone was very nice. Not too crowded, but we did have to share and play nice together. This target was my best effort,(with an m1a) but we were shooting a lot of different rifles so I didn't spend much time with any one. My buddy had a remington 700 with a scope that was dead on. We both shot his AK and my AR, we both stank with both of those.The circle I drew measures about 3 3/8 inch. This is at 100 yds with iron sights sitting.

·
Registered
165 Posts
Glad ya'll had a good time, I'm envious. I've spent most of the day couped up. What are the particular's on your m1a?

·
Registered
4,057 Posts
Good Shooting, any Day at the Range is a Great Day!BANANA1

·
Registered
3,217 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Glad ya'll had a good time, I'm envious. I've spent most of the day couped up. What are the particular's on your m1a?
22" med wt barrell, TRW bolt, Fulton reciever, HR Op rod ( I think) HR trigger group, USGI synthetic stock (not bedded), LRB gas cyl., standard sights, Sadlac spring guide. This gun consistently shoots better than the one I have with a krieger barrel and almost all TRW parts. Gas cyl is not unitized or shimmed; needs to be shimmed.

·
Registered
165 Posts
Thanks Memphis, the next step for my SOCOM's will be Hueygunner's GC's.

·
Registered
3,997 Posts
Memphis Machinist
Looks like you Did Good
and the Worst Day at the Range is always Far Far Better than my Best Day Ever at Work

·
Registered
5,679 Posts
On the 100 yd reduced target you'll turn those 8's and 9's into 10's and X's if you tighten your sling (sitting) one notch. Looks like a tight enough gun with minimal tricking out.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts