M14 Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,584 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just opened a case of 1993 Radway Green. On the stripper clips and the primers, there is grease. Lite but wet. Should this be cleaned before its fired or is it good just the way it is? Hopefully others have encountered this and will know what to do. The bullet and sides of the brass are dry, just the base is wet and slightly discolered.

Thanks for any help.

·
Registered
3,997 Posts
3k of RG never seen it
Interesting

·
Registered
98 Posts
I got some linked 93 RG and it has the same stinky oil on it. But my cases are completely coated so I just wipe out the chamber after I shoot a bit of it.

I made some mexican hunting ammo by just pulling the bullet and seating a hunting bullet on top. I took a jar and put some denatured alcohol in it. I then put the ammo in it and swirled it around and dumped it on a towel and put a fan on it to dry. This method took off all the oil.

·
Registered
2,021 Posts
I have run across this a couple of times. I just wiped it off my 500 rounds and kept going. I have seen others who fire it right out of the stripper clips wet and all. Doesn't seem to make a great deal of difference. I still wipe mine off. I have heard others on this forum who have encountered the same situation with RG.

·
Registered
1,584 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks everyone.

·
Administrator
18,143 Posts
Research, still the only game in town......

As posted above, just wipe it off if you need to. I have fired over a thousand rounds of the Radway Green in the bandoleers and the stripper clips, all have a drop on each one. I have never had an issue with the military surplus ammunirion before from Radway Green.DI5

1 - 8 of 8 Posts