M14 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
324 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Life is good; this chassis system being made in oscoda near where I hunt, and this sight built up in ypsilanti where I went to college make me real proud to have grown up/stayed in this great state.

GI5

·
Premium Member
Honorary Forum Lifer
16,425 Posts
Nice EBR! I like that reticle too, I just have the standard one on my EOTech.
m14brian

·
Registered
324 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
To the best of my knowledge (which is somewhere below whale poop in the hierarchy of things) these 552.XR308's were primarily designed for belt fed 308 mounted weapons shooting 150gr.

I've always been a sucker for eotechs with ballistic drop, I had a 517 with a cross between this and a normal eotech reticle on my 223.

I'll take some shots at 100 yards with every dot and figure out exactly what's going on in MOA with my particular load and we should be golden

I actually had a picture of a guy running something like this in front of a 1-8x optic, I couldn't imagine how heavy that rig is but I really liked where he was going with that in theory.

·
In the gilded halls of Valhala
13,515 Posts
To the best of my knowledge (which is somewhere below whale poop in the hierarchy of things) these 552.XR308's were primarily designed for belt fed 308 mounted weapons shooting 150gr.

I've always been a sucker for eotechs with ballistic drop, I had a 517 with a cross between this and a normal eotech reticle on my 223.

I'll take some shots at 100 yards with every dot and figure out exactly what's going on in MOA with my particular load and we should be golden

I actually had a picture of a guy running something like this in front of a 1-8x optic, I couldn't imagine how heavy that rig is but I really liked where he was going with that in theory.
It's a good idea of your optic lacks illumination.

I've done it. It makes the valance atrocious. Would only work for over watch. You'd never want to patrol or attack with it.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts