M14 Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
In the gilded halls of Valhala
13,515 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok so i have been watching amazon closely as GB axes seem to fluxuate. There is a seller called duluth pack that undercuts by insane amounts (2good2btrue?)

The catch is he only have 5 or so axes up for sale per week. Well it happened to be payday and the small forrest axe was up for 120$

The other sellers want 290$ so i jumped on it as im willing ti tie up the 120 in the chance i at least get a genuine axe even if i have to send it off for repair.

Im hoping to borrow the expertise of serious woodsmen when it shows up to let me know if handle grain and such is up to par or if i need get amazon involved.

I dont think anyone counterfeits these unless airsofters start chopping down trees at ops.

·
Registered
1,916 Posts
Highland Hardware in Atlanta has brand new GF Small Forest Axes for $120 every day. They have the Scandinavian Forest Ax for $130. And you don't have to deal with FleaBay to get one.

·
Registered
7,441 Posts
The $120 is a good price but not outrageously so. GB axes have gone in very short supply here in Canada. Shipments have not arrived for some reason and the usual store shelves are empty. I can't tell if this is due to a surge in demand or if there is trouble in Sweden, but supposedly they'll be back in stock by mid November.

As far as quality goes, I'd be a lot more worried about the head than the handle. I doubt forgers would bother to do a very good job on the stamped logo on the head, or more especially on the burned-in logo on the handle and those would be a good way to judge for yourself if you have a proven example to compare to. And there should be stamped initials on the head next to the logo, you can check the Gransfors site to see if those match to of one of their smiths- but that would be easy to fake of course, if the fakers bothered.

Reactions: Dredsen

·
In the gilded halls of Valhala
13,515 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Ok so i paid a normal price and the other sellers have inflated prices.

Some guy on bladeforums informed me the amazon seller duluth pack is likely a store in duluth and is trustworthy.

Excited to get my little axe.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.