M14 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3,987 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I sign out on terminal leave saturday, and had everything planned and scheduled to be on the road back home the morning of the 27th after doing our walkthrough of the apartment.

HHG were scheduled 3 weeks ago when I got my orders. I called last week to confirm that my pickup on the 23rd was in fact good to go. And it was. Until this morning. When I got a phone call telling me that they weren't able to do the pickup until 28 JULY at the earliest. Oh, but they can pickup my stuff to put into storage but most likely not until 7 July.

Or I can switch to a DITY move, but it would take atleast 3 weeks to receive my advance pay. And while we could likely cover a rental truck and gas, that would burn nearly all of our savings. Including what is set aside for my daughter's first birthday.

But just a heads up, if you have a HHG shipment scheduled in the next 3 weeks, call and confirm. Because according to them, it's an Army wide issue due to a server crash. Apparently they use the same I.T. guy as the IRS.

·
Inquisitor
11,356 Posts
If I had a dollar for every time I've heard that same story...

Reactions: Dire88

·
Registered
3,987 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
To be a fly on the wall when the CG starts reading ICE complaints tomorrow.

·
Registered
262 Posts
I've moved twice with the AF now, and they've been right on time both times. But the last time was a couple years ago, I wonder if the AF is having similar issues. I'll be moving again in September.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts