M14 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Picked it up yesterday. Ron Morris did a great job with it. He glass bedded the McMillan stock and installed my new Krieger heavy barrel (1/10). The receiver is still SAI but we added a Winchester bolt, unitized gas cylinder, NM spring guide and a USGI NM rear sight. I had him install the Sadlak scope mount and he also did a trigger job on it. I've got a nice Vortex Viper HST 4-16x44 to mount on it with Badger Ordnance rings. I'm very eager to get to the range and try it out.
Air gun Trigger Shotgun Gun barrel Gun accessory

·
Premium Member
8,288 Posts
That looks good and should do just fine

Reactions: GySgtFTL

·
Premium Member
Honorary Forum Lifer
17,942 Posts
Sounds like a stellar rifle, I heard he does great work. Congrats on getting her done! Great looking rifle.
m14brian

·
Premium Member
88 Posts
Picked it up yesterday. Ron Morris did a great job with it. He glass bedded the McMillan stock and installed my new Krieger heavy barrel (1/10). The receiver is still SAI but we added a Winchester bolt, unitized gas cylinder, NM spring guide and a USGI NM rear sight. I had him install the Sadlak scope mount and he also did a trigger job on it. I've got a nice Vortex Viper HST 4-16x44 to mount on it with Badger Ordnance rings. I'm very eager to get to the range and try it out.
View attachment 460741
Nice rifle!

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Nice - but how heavy is it? I would like something similar.
Thirteen pounds on the bathroom scale. That's the first thing I noticed when he handed it to me for inspection. I would not want to carry it all day on a long forced march or a MCCRES hump.

·
Registered
1,760 Posts
Nice rifle. More photos please, we all like lots of photos. :p

1 - 20 of 26 Posts