M14 Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Picked it up today it came w 2 mags. 1 is kinda hard to get in and out. The other is better broke the gun down Trw op rod Trw trigger cage Bolt is marked 7790186 HRT A12 ARZ what bolt is in it and can I shoot .308 in it Has anybody got the mags fron Sportsmans Guide I Know get The others, But the reviews look good and they seem like a good price. The barrell was dirty ran a couple patces down it. Other than some pitting on the gas cylinder Im pretty happy. Rob

·
Registered
2,519 Posts
Just for info he test fires every gun at a local range then immediately packs and ships them, that's why the barrel was not clean. He is going to make mine when they get back from the Shot Show in Las Vegas. Let us know how it shoots, please.
I read somewhere here on the forum he recently obtained 200 M14's from the Israeli's and that is the source of his current parts.

·
Registered
2,408 Posts
congrats on your new james river. I picked one up a couple months ago, mine was built on the lrb m14sa receiver with trw bolt,oprod and trigger housing. I had the same issue with the mags it came with. One of the mags wouldnt lock the bolt hold open very well and when you pulled the mag out the bolt would slam shut, they were marked HNR and at first I thought it might be an out of spec receiver but chinese and CMI mags lock up really nice so I determined it to be the mags. I havent seen too many people here from denver, where do you go shooting?

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Ill go to cherrycreek lately as I dont have time to go eleswhere I went abou 10 years ago to a place by Buffalo Creek but havenot have time to prospect it yet.

·
Registered
2,021 Posts
Congrats on your new rifle, sounds like a sweet deal.

·
Read Only
3,779 Posts
Bought mine last fall. It has their forged receiver, trw bolt, trw op rod, HR chrome lined barrel like new GI stock. Excellent customer service from them. 2MOA. My GI mags were a little tight going in also but it seems to have loosened up. Great rifle.

·
Registered
576 Posts
Sweet looking rifle there..Use it in the best of healthGI7

·
Registered
2,408 Posts
That is a really good looking rifle. My next one will have the 7.62mm receiver like yours does. Seems there impossible to find in the used market. I havent been able to find a single second hand 762mm or james river marked rifle or receiver. Maybe its because they havent been on sceen that long.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts