M14 Forum banner

Got my Bula today

4K views 67 replies 20 participants last post by  Czyhorse75 
#1 ·
I picked this up at my FFL dealer today. Nice rifle looks good good workmanship. Stock is a bit loose I will glass bed it. Hope to shoot some Lake City 7.62 in it tomorrow. I really like the feel of it like my BN 36 Cloud Sky Machine gun Water Automotive tire
Automotive parking light Car Plant Vehicle Automotive lighting
Hood Green Air gun Machine gun Automotive tire
Automotive lighting Plant Vehicle Car Motor vehicle

See less See more
#6 ·
If you are planning on keeping the delta14 stock setup with the pistol grip and find yourself needing a cheek riser please reach out and let me know. I have a mesa tactical high tube adaptor that will bring the buffer tube and butt stock up high enough you will likely not need a riser. I had it on mine for a short time and it was a very comfortable setup. You can have it to try if you would like just pay for the ride and it's yours.

#7 ·
Well this Bula has a problem won't cycle 149 grain Federal Xm80 ammo and the trigger guard is loose until you put the mag in. The gas piston hits at a slight angle to the op rod not sure if that is it used the Bula mag and the gas screw is tight. Scratching my head on this. It will not pick up every round. Every 3d one 😡😡😡😡😡😡😡😡😡😡😡😡😡😡😡😡😡😡😡😡😡😡😡😡😡😡😡😡😡😡😡😡😡😡😡😡😡

#9 ·
Coming from 'Certainly No Expert', I expect that the trigger group/magazine fit is at least related. Did it come as is, or did the stock come from elsewhere?

If it came from Bula like that as a package, I would call Jeff Up and let him know that it isn't done and see about getting a return shipping label under 'Not my circus, not my monkeys.' I would guess given prior reputation that he's not going to argue with you. Maybe a new guy assembled it, but I would guess that Jeff doesn't want products going out to the public in that condition, and would very much like to have it back, and maybe give whoever sent it out like that some corrective feedback.

If the stock is from somewhere else, I would investigate TonyBen's videos about trigger group and magazine fitment.

#10 ·
If I'm not mistaken, bula teamed up will Bill over at Delta14 chassis to use their stocks on the "tactical" models. Those have to be opened up to fit the receiver legs for each stock so fitment should be "custom" and at least firm lockup. Something is not correct if the trigger group is loose.

#11 ·
If that's the Gunbroker rifle, you might have a hard time getting warranty work done. The Delta 14 stocks are tight and do require fitment due to typical Bula receiver legs. The trigger group shouldn't be loose. Check to see if the hooks on the trigger guard were filed and look for file marks on the stock. Maybe try it in a wood stock. The Deltas were a bestseller, even with the shorter barrels.

#12 ·
It was brand new in the box i took the op rod out and it binds so hard i could barely move it. I put an H&R usgi op rod in and it moves back and fourth and I can take it right out. Looks like there is a bend in the Bula op rod. The dealer told me they would contact Bula. It is so tight at the end of the Bula op rod thet it would not hardly fit through the op rod guide. Rifle is very accurate.

#18 ·
I had a Bula op rod issue with my first factory built rifle, but it was resolved. My second Bula didn't have any issues whatsoever. I actually tried a Gen 2 Delta chassis about two years ago. Fitment issues with two Springfields. I was hesitant about buying one due to their choice of construction, but I wanted to see what they were all about. Anyhoo, I promptly sold it. The first carbon fiber composite Vltor stock I purchased was a complete mess, but the second one was free of issues but needed to be bedded at the rear, which is why Vltor recommends their raw version. In any event, Bula will take care of you.

#19 ·
Well l put tried the USGI op rod and it still short stroke. I have it in a lead sled but i used that on my m1a rifle too and it shot fine. I used Korean and USGI ammo. I am not happy at all. I told the seller you can give my money back and deal with it. This is not a 200 dollar 22 that you know might not feed right. Good lord you pay that much you expect things to work. Only other rifle I had do this is an Ivery Johnson m1 Carbine.

#24 ·
I bought it from a dealer off GB brand new Bula contacted me so I have to send it back. No rifle should ever leave the factory unless it is 100 percent. This is not a high production rifle like the original military rifles where you are running out hundreds or thousands a day.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.