M14 Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
6,385 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So... I thought I would go out for a sunset shooting session by myself.

Nice sunset today...

My new Ruger MKIII 22/45

Letting em' rip!!!!! Because .22 LR is cheapGI2

Just shooting at some steel plates. Having the range all to myself!

GI1GI1GI1

·
Registered
1,384 Posts
Great shooting pistol and I'm sure you had some good fun there. Even after doing it a few times, I still look like a circus clown show trying to put one back together after disassembling.

·
Registered
2,519 Posts
A range to yourself. We don't even have one left in the county (250,000 people.) Jealousy runs rampant. Looks like the perfect end to a perfect day.

·
Registered
3,830 Posts
Nice pistol, I like those grips you have on it!

·
Registered
3,363 Posts
Ruger has come a long way with their poly frames. That looks like my LCP, you cant tell it from 'loominum by looking at it.

Snap! I may just have to do that!

Heya 9th, anybody tell ya if you dye your hair red you look like Danny Bonaduce?DI5

·
Registered
6,385 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I picked out the Removable grip model. It comes with a nice set of thin stock cocobolo grips. The polymere frame is also checkered front and back.

The red dot is a cheap one from BSA. It has a very small 2 MOA dot. This gun will group about 1/2 at 25 yards from sandbags. (CCI Mini Mags)

I replaced the sear with a Volquartsen match sear. I also performed a hammer bushing mod. Now my trigger pull is just a tad under 2 lbsGI7

Now it's time for some steel challenge!FRG1

·
Registered
3,363 Posts
Just went to the Funstore and looked at the same model. REAL nice. I'm glad they got away from the thick frame.

I have a Hakko Panorama sight that would go good with a setup like this.

How difficult is the bushing mod?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts