1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
823 Posts
I love it!

·
Administrator
17,400 Posts
Looks good basenjishunt, plus it has a vented handguard... We will be looking for the range report soon?

DI5

·
Premium Member
Honorary Forum Lifer
16,439 Posts
Nice rifle! If it was Boomer's it is good to go, he probably just had gun ADD. Congrats and Enjoy!
m14brian

·
Registered
1,594 Posts
Light viewed thru the stock - rear receiver to stock issue.

They just don't look right without the go fast switch.

·
Registered
261 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Did notice some space between the receiver and stock...not sure how to remedy that..Is is a stock choice issue? Or?-Tim

·
Super Moderator
11,120 Posts
The daylight forward of the heel is designed to be there. If you look at the GI fiberglass stock, you'll see that it actually steps down on both sides about where the selector cutout begins.

As long as the very back of the heel is touching, you're good. The last time I bedded my LRB, I supported the bottom of the receiver the full length of the receiver.

Tony.

·
Registered
2,393 Posts
Nice rifle! If it was Boomer's it is good to go, he probably just had gun ADD. Congrats and Enjoy!
m14brian
Yup you know me pretty well. My gun add has caused me to do some crazy stuff over the years. I know I'm really gonna miss that gun but part of the deal was that if he ever did get rid of it he had to give me first dibs. I rationalized selling it because I never rally get out to shoot it and instead I end up shooting my uzi or M16's since I just go out to bfe where setting up long distance shooting isn't very easy so I just bring my class 3 autos to burn off some rounds for fun. I'm sure I'll get the itch again to get back into 14's soon as that's always how it works with me but as it stands right now I am officially M14less, it's an embarrassing thing to admit. I'm always looking for new toys which means letting some old ones go. That's how I've been since I was 18. I hope to someday change my ways but I doubt that will ever happen

1 - 18 of 18 Posts