M14 Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have this pretty cool looking, birch I think, though it's fairly dark in stain, grain and wood pattern me thinks is birch, GI stock. It looks really good, I'd like to use it instead of the fat walnut match stock that came w/ the rifle when it was still a SA, inc (traded out parts w/ my buddy George Gardner and traded the reciever and cash for an LRB, now it's an all HR parts rifle EXCEPT for the hammer (SA inc me thinks, no draw or mfg code)) Anyway, the front sling swivel is held on by 2 screws and 2 chrome lock nuts, works great, looks terrible. What is the most effective way to attach the sling swivel as pop riveting is out of my abilities to achieve?

Also, this stock is different than other GI's I've seen. It's wider thru the horseshoe portion around the rear of the reciever, kind of like how an HRA Garand stock is. Any ideas? if I can get the sling swivel secured, it'd be an excellent candidate for one of those dummy selector kits. As to those, would they work w/ a bedded action?

·
Banned
10,629 Posts
A rivet kit which includes the rivets and installation tool is the best way to go. If you are interested in one, PM me. Also since you asked, My dummy kit will work with a bedded action as long as the selector and connector arm cutout areas remain. If you want you can post a pic of the stock without the receiver in it from the top and I will be able to say for sure. Thanks, Hawk

·
Registered
710 Posts
stock

clarkaim,
There are better looking screws available. I use black #8-32 Pan head, hex drive screws mounted into T-nuts so that I can use my standard sling swivel or switch to a quick detach sling stud for attaching my Harris bipod. Works well for me.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
That's what I thought. Is it worth anything? I just put my LRB in a GI walnut in great shape, sold the fat walnut springfield inc for 100 bucks at a gunshow an hour ago. Should I hold on to it for find someone who wants it? I can take pics, but how do you post them?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.