M14 Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3,766 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Any one know and recommend a good gun smith that can thread a barrel and install a badger FTE brake on a remington 700 308, its a 20" xcr compact tactical with a 20" 416 stainless steel barreled action with Black TriNyte® PVD coating, i didnt realize how much work is invloved in installing these brakes been holding it for 6 months now, i got too much invested and want it to be done right, i'm not in a hurry just want some quotes so i can save up for the job maybe by the end of next month, just want some good names hopefully in arizona, if not i can ship i guess

·
Registered
1,385 Posts
Shoot this guy an email. He's leaving on a hunting trip soon but should be back in less than a month.

He's my local smith. Check my other thread I have going right now about the 500yd shooting. He built that rifle.

Ron Frey: [email protected]

He takes guns in from all over the country and does beautiful work. located in so cal though, so you'd have to ship it.

·
Registered
5,529 Posts
I'd call German Salazar in Phx. I don't have his tel # but it's in the book. He's a Remington boltgunner, will get you to somebody good.
+1 in getting German to hook you up. The gunsmith he uses is also an avid Palma shooter. The gunsmith should understand your particular concerns and needs. I used to shoot with that bunch in PHX when I managed a few projects for company back then.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.