M14 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
7,255 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is the rifle that is all GI Winchester parts, main ones anyway from barrel to stock. Showed good work with 168's and IMR4895 last time out, so today used the same bullet Sierra with IMR4064 in half grain increments from 41-43 grs.
All were good, no big flyers, best was 42.5 which is either 4 in sub half or 3 in sub half with a flyer I didnt see, not sure as I dont have the target. Anyway this rifle liked the combo real well and seems quite happy to reside n the GI Winchester stock I found for it, shoots real well and functioned perfectly.
At the end I put 5 of the old FC Red Box match load to work and it grouped 4 under an inch with one out left to make it over an inch for 5. I think I had a hand in that one that left the group, shooting too fast trying to finish up. All shooting was scoped, benched and 100 yards.
Gotta say I really like this rifle and thanks to George here for selling it to me.
IMG_5633.JPG

·
Registered
704 Posts
This is the rifle that is all GI Winchester parts, main ones anyway from barrel to stock. Showed good work with 168's and IMR4895 last time out, so today used the same bullet Sierra with IMR4064 in half grain increments from 41-43 grs.
All were good, no big flyers, best was 42.5 which is either 4 in sub half or 3 in sub half with a flyer I didnt see, not sure as I dont have the target. Anyway this rifle liked the combo real well and seems quite happy to reside n the GI Winchester stock I found for it, shoots real well and functioned perfectly.
At the end I put 5 of the old FC Red Box match load to work and it grouped 4 under an inch with one out left to make it over an inch for 5. I think I had a hand in that one that left the group, shooting too fast trying to finish up. All shooting was scoped, benched and 100 yards.
Gotta say I really like this rifle and thanks to George here for selling it to me.
View attachment 431794
That's a fine rifle! You got to love a all Winchester build!
:)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts