M14 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Afternoon guys.........

I got my rifle back from Springfield after a problem with feeding and firing of my new Loaded.....after only 30 rounds.GI3 I got it back today and the sheet I got back from SAI is as follows......it includes a new receiver( and serial number) along with a new NM .308 medium weight barrel......and the old barrel was accurate as hades........oh well.................

I did do the function test out the back door with 10 rounds.....it fired fine and and the last 4 fast fire went just great.....I will do a more in depth accuracy and function test in the near future but it looks like SAI has corrected another issue that could have been fixed at QC....but my rifle seems to be goodFRG1

·
Registered
2,021 Posts
Like they say, SAI has a great warranty program. Sounds like you scored big time.

·
Registered
2,935 Posts
You're right, these problems should not have gotten out the door in the first place. HOWEVER, Springfield is sure not the only gun company with QC troubles right now, there's a bunch of them putting out some stinkers. Glad this worked out for you. Springfield is trying.

·
Resident Rascal
13,508 Posts
I believe you'll be happy, for a long time to come, with your Springfield Wayne.

·
Registered
5,747 Posts
Boy, almost sounds like if you buy a current SA Inc. rifle you may as well call ahead for a return label since you're almost guaranteed to return it. Maybe they'll start shipping them with UPS A.R.S. labels enclosed to save time. It's like the plague hit the M14 market...

·
Registered
75 Posts
I think one of the biggest issues is SAI is trying to keep up with demand... much like all USA gun companies....

I called SAI a few weeks back asking about spare parts that I could buy...they were very nice but informed me they are not selling parts at this time.

I was wanting to buy a USGI trigger assy and bolt... so I had to go else were.... I've only gotten the trigger assy at this time... still looking for a USGI bolt complete...

For as many M1A rifles SAI puts out I think they are a great guns... I imagine most problems are operator error and or bad ammo chosin to use in place of good ammo... like Lake City, Winchester USA, Federal, and Remington.... and new production S & B..

That being said, I'm sure a lot of rifles have gotten through QC when they shouldn't have but I'd give our American companies a little slack due to the NEVER BEFORE DEMAND ON FIREARMS and AMMO at this time.

Besides SAI fixes the weapons for free most of the time... if it is a functional problem or QC missed item.... YOU CAN'T BET that....

I think we should be proud of a American Company along with all M1A/M14 makers in this country trying to produce a ALL AMERICAN rifle..

I've gotten on my soap box too much...

Regards, Madog

·
Registered
409 Posts
Its great you got your rifle back, and Im happy it appears to be fixed. Just out of curiosity, what was wrong with your receiver or did they not tell you.GI7

·
Registered
57 Posts
Congrats on getting your rifle back, sounds like they not only took care of you, but really applied the parts to it lol. Cant wait to read a range report.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts