M14 Forum banner

21 - 33 of 33 Posts

·
Premium Member
Honorary Forum Lifer
16,072 Posts
Looks good, why not paint the whole rifle?

Sadlak is what I use on both of my scoped M1As. Good luck with the continued project>
m14brian

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
Looks good, why not paint the whole rifle?
There are two reasons, maybe three. First: I like a differentiation between different parts of anything. For example, I think cars exterior parts may have a different color than the rest. Example: cheek weld. Different part, different color (also, I might want to put neoprene or something on it). Second: I don't have access to stuff like Aluma-Hyde and the like. They don't seem to export that to Germany. So I painted it with more or less standard color. I will have to finish it with some matte clear cote.
I didn't want to mess up the mechanics with color. And I do like the a bit used look of an old rifle...

·
Registered
1,916 Posts
You have done a fine job on your rifle, it really is good looking, just the thing to prowl the wilds of Grafenworr with. Welcome to the forum.

·
Registered
1,284 Posts
Welcome from Texas Melfor. Nice rifle. Over the past weeks I'm getting real lessons in what I thought were more restrictive e.u. gun laws between you, and a couple of other members from Belgium and Italy correcting bad info I've had. Our youngest is in his 3rd year of mechanical engineering at Texas Tech. And loves it.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
So many welcomes - thanks for having me here!

Grafenwöhr is a bit from here, and I don't know if they'd appreciate me running through there with my M1a

Scope mount is ordered. I just have still to find out which scope I want. Or can and want to pay for.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #31
So here she is now, with Sadlak mount and UTG Scope and Bipod. I had to go with cheap components first to see if the setup works and stays below the 6kg rule. It is 5.980g now without Bipod and the rail cover...and the lens covers.

21 - 33 of 33 Posts