M14 Forum banner

Good luck Canada

3K views 34 replies 21 participants last post by  Kash 
#1 ·
#5 ·
They had been going at it hard with their proposed gun bans for a while now, then the whole pandemic thing happened and everything went quiet, now this mess. It was embarrassing for them as they were ranting and raving about AR 15's but one has never been used in a mass shooting up here, and ultra rarely for any sort of crime. Then they cried about hand guns, but every study showed, and every police chief of a major city will tell you its not the legal hand gun owner's committing the crimes. They did many many polls on firearms here, but rarely did it ever go the way they wanted.

I find it very very interesting that the weapon or weapons used have still not been mentioned, does not matter though, it could have been a basic pump shotgun and they would still go after our AR's, Semi's , and handguns. Its truly pathetic that they use this sort of tragedy to push the agenda soo hard. They will likely go forward with their order in council process instead of following normal bill passing procedure. A sneaky, yet somehow legal way to pass a bill without it ever being voted on. I wonder tho, how will they buy back all of our guns when they are handing out millions of dollars to people and businesses effected by the current pandemic. I mean if they had all this extra cash laying around could it not have been better used to fight crime, or help out in the poorer/gang ridden areas of the country?

Trying to remain positive up here.

#6 ·
Politicians are literally frightened by firearms of any sort for having same in the hands of citizens is a strong signal that their "seat of power" can be taken away from them by the average citizen. I don't know about the law in Canada, but here in the U.S. we as citizens have the given right to free assembly, protest, rally, if you will, and yes openly have firearms among the crowds(some States prohibit open carry.) Obviously one does not have a right to actually shoot someone, but the appearance of firearms in a crowd clearly shows that armed resistance could take place. It is not spoken of much by politicians, but such armed citizens permitted America to be formed and overthrow an oppressive form of government, England. It is often said that one who has a firearm can prevent someone imposing their will upon you if not desired.
Blanket condemnation of all citizens because of an act of insanity is not a wise decision by government and the banning of so called military firearms will not prevent insane actions by one individual. Such knee jerk reaction is a sure sign of political nonsense and then it can be touted by the politicians "see what we did for the citizenry." With the current pandemic and much confusion and yes "cabin fever" prevalent is not the time to upset the citizenry. "Cooler heads" need to prevail at all levels.

#22 · (Edited)
We did after the mass shooting at the Polytechnique in Montreal. At the time the proponents of registration of all semi auto rifles made the usual statements like “ you register your car, why not your rifles?” Wendy Cukier was the front person for the largest gun control advocacy group up here. They all claimed this was part of reasonable responsibility on the part of gun owners.

Edit: I forgot to address the outcome of the National Registration. At the time they also required at ALL firearms be registered and claimed the system would pay for itself. It ended up costing over $2 Billion dollars and was criticized heavily by our Auditor General ( similar to your GAO?) The Liberal government that created the registration was voted out and the incoming Conservatives canned the registry all together except for what are classified as “restricted class” ie handguns and semi auto rifles.

Now, when it is proposed to ban the very same firearms we registered back in the 90’s Ms Cukier simply removed her mask and now says “ Find a new hobby” I put that in quotes as she actually said that last year when the PM announced the potential bans.

Take it from us, the British, the Kiwis and the Australians, registration is a required pre condition to future confiscation.

#11 ·
"Assault weapons" was bad enough. But now the BS has been extended to "assault-style weapons."

Just what does a gun's style have to do with its potential danger?

Not only are these people utterly and completely ignorant about the things they think they are qualified to ban, they are proud of their ignorance.

Hmmm... Unless they're not ignorant at all, and it's all a massive scam to disarm the masses...

#13 ·
Hi,
Well....It's no secret what the Lefts Agenda is on Firearms...

This should be a wake up call to all these People that Gun Laws (and LEO'S)...

Are useless and will not protect you when needed!

Will the Canadian Citizens see this and use this tragedy to get their Gun Rights back???

Probably not, coddled by their Government for to long, what we need to be wary of here, in the USA!!!RNGR3

Attachments

#14 ·
Guy drove a mock cop car and set fires. Seems to me colored lights and matches should be registered!

#15 ·
Some updates came today. They are being very tight lipped about the firearm/arms used.They won't say what it is, or how many were used.

He was not licensed firearms owner.

There is a rumor that the initial gun was a normal shotgun, after the murder of the RCMP officer. He took those guns, so handgun for sure and it may or may not have been an AR as well.

I have a feeling this investigation will go on for months as its gotten very strange, there was 2 other officers who shot at a fire hall.....thing is the guy was no where near the fire hall at the time they shot it up, including one of the shots disabling a vehicle inside the hall. Residence in the area witnessed this and like everyone else are very confused.

Not only is there an investigation into what the lunatic did, but now there is an investigation as to what the 2 officers were doing shooting at the fire hall, as well as an investigation into the death of the lunatic by the police.

The extent and strangness of this event is growing by the hour.

As a side note. " Assault Style " is a liberal term basically it means anything that's not a plain basic bolt action rifle. So it looks scary, or military style. The AR15 is a restricted rifle here simply due to how it looks and NOTHING else.

#18 ·
Quite a few similarities between the two. The Canadian buttmunch was for sure an imitator, evil knows no originality.

As far as our prime minister's plan to ban ARs goes, they are effectively already banned, ownership being restricted to specially screened owners, and there has never been one used to commit a murder in Canada, probably not even a holdup either. Therefore there's no justification for confiscation, especially if the latest tool didn't use even an illegal one. With a minority government, the attempts at confiscation legislation will therefore quite likely fail, the only thing is that there are two very far left parties, or actually one far left party and one French Canadian one that believes that citizens must be sheep, that could give the Liberals enough votes to get such a law passed. Right now the governing party is neck deep and basically paralysed in Covid-19 cash giveaways though, happy as pigs in shirt.

#20 · (Edited)
Our PM and the minister for public safety are both a**hats. Especially when the truth of the event didn’t fit the narrative.

I know that can be a trite and overused phrase but you should have seen them dodge the questions about did the suspect have a possession permit (PAL or RPAL) which is a nationally required permit to possess for all citizens. When asked point blank they simply dodged the question or worse said it would take time to figure our. Utter BS

I’m a LEO and know for a fact that as soon as they had his name it’s a simple check box in the computer to confirm if the person also holds said possession license or not. Simply put they knew when asked that he didn’t have the required permits to possess firearms legally in Canada, but they wouldn’t admit that until today.

So he acquired a faux patrol car complete with all decals, and a reasonable facsimile of a uniform and had illegally acquired firearms. But banning semi autos will help how?

And it’s not looking like he even used a semi auto rifle, unless he was able to figure out the locks on the patrol carbine cradle in the slain officers patrol car.

Anyway sorry for the rant, but it’s very frustrating up here. Not withstanding the extreme tragedy of this horrible event, but the political capitalization that is occurring as a result.

#26 · (Edited)
Latest -

"...not at liberty to discuss..."

Apparently not "allowed" to own a gun.
Nope, yet he still managed to get one or more, imagine that.

Last year one of our officers was shot by an at large parole violator who had just done 8 years for manslaughter. He has been out for 3 months and still managed to get a handgun. No job, no car, no financial means, living in a halfway house, monitored by a Parole officer until he went on the run.

First no surprise to me, yet never ever does this get acknowledged by the proponents of more gun control.

My aforementioned Ms Cukier is already saying pistol grips are made to allow more precise spraying of bullets. I’m not sure what her professional bona fides are in firearms design and employment.

As we all know the bad guys don’t follow laws, after all that’s part of what makes them who they are.

I remember when I was a kid seeing my Dad yelling at the TV when he saw Pierre Trudeau, Justin’s father, who was our PM back then. It’s all come full circle now as I yell at the TV every time I see the drama teacher son of Pierre.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.