M14 Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
9,786 Posts
I feel sorry for this guy he saved at least one life possibly more
Never pulled his gun & gets thrown in jail for a reward.
You do know what that white stuff on chicken crap is?
That's chicken crap too .
Just about what I'd expect from the home of Mr. Potato head.
Why anyone would go to Maryland is beyond me..

Reactions: XM25Ren

·
Registered
3,384 Posts
Unfortunately, as long as MD persists in only honoring their own permits, stuff like that happens. And FWIW, Pedo Joe is from Delaware, not Maryland. Delaware, the state that should be a county.

·
Registered
281 Posts
I heard this story on WBAL a few days ago and I'm not surprised. As much as I have grown to dislike "Lockdown Larry," I can't blame him for this. This was in Baltimore where the gangbangers get off scott free and the good guys get dragged over the coals. At least Baltimore is getting a new State's Attorney this year.

Also, the officer was a :poop: wuss based on the WBAL interview. Instead of growing a pair and telling the guy to "lose" weapon for the duration, he did his best cry-baby routine and said he had to talk to his LT. The LT was one that ordered the arrest.

·
Registered
3,384 Posts
And boy, am I glad that I escaped from MD back in 2008!

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
This best bet for this hero, if this goes to a jury trial, is for the jury to do Jury Nullification stating that the law was wrong. Hopefully the DA will drop the charges and let him walk.

I'm unsure about the laws in Maryland. Is possession of concealed firearm without the license a felony or misdemeanor in MD?

·
Registered
3,384 Posts
I was discussing this case with my oldest son, an attorney in MD earlier today. He thinks that there is a good chance that the guy will walk, based on what the cops and prosecutors told him back when he worked in Baltimore. Guess we'll see.

·
Registered
1,642 Posts
You cannot shoot criminals in MD and DC in self-defense. Them are the protected species - I live in VA and the liberals' side of the state have similar firearms restrictions when black-face Northam was in office. VA is not quite purple - so have a long way to go.

Not long ago, Democrats tried to roll the Natl. Guard on us here. Thank God for the sheriffs who sided w/ the people. I was sure there were gonna be some body-bags filled if they insisted on mauling the civilians. These Democrats' reasoning = if they can do this to VA, they can do it to TX.

Reactions: Doublescheck

·
Registered
1,642 Posts
Virginia is worth fighting for. I will be here awhile so close to retirement. I live in the suburbs and I can see some streaks of liberals plenty. One time - my neighbor asked me if he can stick Obama fliers on my front yard - told him he can do 1 or 2. My other neighbor came by and we both laughed - 😁 😁

Then one day - me and neighbor were inspecting AR15s and M14 variants on the front lawn. Laid them all out on the table under the shade of tree as people drove by and looked on. We were sure a cop car will drop by so we had our IDs and CCW ready. But nothing - just a fine sunny day.

The super-majority of counties in VA are red. It is just the northern VA counties concentrated blue. Being so close to DC and MD - I suppose we are seeing some contaminations.

Reactions: Georgiashooter

·
Registered
2,648 Posts
The super-majority of counties in VA are red. It is just the northern VA counties concentrated blue. Being so close to DC and MD - I suppose we are seeing some contaminations.
I had lived in Loudoun County for the first 27 years of my life and it was the deep red point of Northern Virginia. I left in 1989. Then came Leesburg becoming the Silicon Valley East and things went to hell........It was a beautiful area and I'll never go back. They can't steal my memories.

·
Registered
551 Posts
The question is... if this happened within 100 feet of a school, was the guy outside that 100 feet, walking by and then entered that space to stop the attack?

The other issue.
That law and others like that in different states, were created to stop gang bangers from hanging around schools.
So that if the police rolled up on them... and they were armed... they could be arrested and charged where if they weren't... then they were just loitering.

I see this as an unintended consequence and the police/DA were being idiots.

·
Registered
1,642 Posts
Gang bangers in Chicago are catch-n-release. They have no worries. But if you are legal person and not a criminal, you will be arrested. The lawsuit by out-of-state persons w/ CCW and won in Illinois coz people got in trouble when they stepped out of their cars to secure their weapons. I think liberals put these 'laws' in place to trip up conservatives -easy pickings to make an honest hard working civilian into instant felon.

·
Registered
1,204 Posts
I will agree somewhat. But let's look at Richmond, Norfolk, Virginia Beach, and the general Tidewater area, vey blue. Family has lived in Fauquier County for the late 1750's, in my life time I've seen many changes. The in flux of people coming from DC and the northern Virginia area, they come in an bought all the mom and pop farms up, and changed the demographics to meet there needs, what a shame.. Now in North Carolina, I see the same things happing here, Charlotte, Greensboro, Winston Salem, Durham, Raleigh, the migration of people leaving the big cities and changing the life of a small town area or county is sad... No one talks to anyone, you don't know your neighbor, just a shame..
I guess the next move for me will be like Rammac, out in the northwest with no one around for 50 miles. LOL..

Carry On !!

·
Registered
1,642 Posts
West VA is looking very pretty to me - just a place deep in the woods and plenty of area to roam. That is the life I envision for my retirement. A small cabin in the woods-

But some laws in many states will not allow you to live in the woods without utilities 12 mos out of the year. YOu can do 11 mos - which does not make much sense to me.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts