M14 Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
531 Posts
If it's "legal" in Texas already - what's the purpose then for a protest?? If you are trying to "force your will" on private businesses - you are fighting a losing battle as most folks will lend towards "property rights" believing that the property owner gets to decide. As we have seen - the net result has been for corporations to ban firearms within their establishments in all states. Sounds to me more like they are simply making life harder for all gun owners now by turning businesses - and people - against gun owners rather than "making a point" for others to follow. More often than not the surest way to lose a "right" is to try to force it on others. Some day those doing these "publicity stunts" will come to understand that. Like the old saying goes - it only takes a few bad apples to ruin it for everyone else. "In your face" rarely achieves the intended result. USA2
Im speaking for myself but that has been my problem with this debate. Business owners have the right to deny your entry with OC and when you go to the extreme and put the owner between you and other customers you will have to deal with their choice. If you must protest do it in a public area... I have no problem with that. I have been to multiple 2A rallies where majority OCd... cool! Unfortunately businesses get told more and more on what they can and cannot do like smoking for example. If you don't like to be around smoke at a bar, don't go to that one! Let the owners decide and you spend or don't spend your $ there. Same with guns. If they don't have gun buster signs up at the moment, and you go in with rifles, be prepared to not end up shopping there after the signs do go up. So call me enemy of 2A or whatever... I love my gun rights but I support business owners rights too.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.