M14 Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
323 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i really want to get a glock 21, it just doesn't fit my hand the way the 17 or 22 do. I have the 22 now but, i just don't like the 40cal(personal preference). It was such a good deal i couldn't pass it up; now I'm regretting... don't get me wrong it goes bang just like the rest of them just i would rather keep it to 9mm or 45acp...

Has anyone had experience with a company that does grip reductions????

·
Registered
3,813 Posts
I've seen a few DIY's mods done by sanding/grinding and applying skate board tape. They handled surprisingly well. You would just need a steady hand and patience.

Reactions: bigkicks

·
Registered
939 Posts
Have you looked at the Glock 21SF? The dimensions are substantially smaller than the traditional G21.

Two guys that come to mind are Robbie Barkmann (ROBAR) and David Bowie (Bowie Tactical Concepts). But there are a lot of companies out there. I even contacted BoMar (yeah, the sight people) a few years ago and yeah - they even do them.

·
Registered
6,577 Posts

·
Senior Chief, U. S. Navy, Ret
407 Posts
Lane Owens of Cold Bore Customs in Katy, TX is who I recommend for grip modifications/reductions on Glock and other polymer framed pistols. Great service, fast turnaround, and fair pricing. You won't be disappointed.

http://www.coldborecustom.com/Home.html

·
Registered
939 Posts

·
Senior Chief, U. S. Navy, Ret
407 Posts
The two Glocks that I had Cold Bore do for me were a Model 21SF and a Model 30SF. The original grip size on these pistols was fine. It's just that I hate those darn finger humps on the front strap. So, Lane removed the fingers humps, undercut and rounded the trigger guard, and did a 360 degree carry texture package. The quality of Lane's work is outstanding. It is professionally done, aesthetically pleasing to the eye, and offers a most secure and comfortable grip.

·
Registered
6,577 Posts
FYI here's my Robar Glock 30 if you want a look
[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f6ix_9ULzfQ[/ame]

·
Registered
440 Posts
I don't have any first hand experience with grip reductions. But you could check out the G21SF. It has a slim frame that makes it more like a 17/22. Otherwise you could save some serious coin & get a Lone Wolf 9mm Conversion barrel & some G17 mags for you G22. Then you have the 9mm & the .40 both in one package.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.