M14 Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
623 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Went by the gunstore to look/drool and saw a sign over the Glock display case.
LEO's security,judges,DA's,state and fed officers,emt's and military,and then some.

Starting at $398 I believe it was w/3 clips 9mm/.40s&w

.45 $450
Now this guy is the leo dealer for most of the state,and it may be limited to leo dealers and may not be nation wide,but it may be worth looking into,or hunting dealers down.

And for that price I may be getting a glock.GI8

·
Registered
939 Posts
The old price (might still be in effect) for a Blue Label Glock was $389. Sorry, I haven't purchased one since 2008.

If you fall in to any of those categories, you should be able to buy just as you described at any time of the year, not just during a sales push.

For civilians wanting a great deal, try going through GSSF and see if they're still doing the "one-time" purchase thing.

Found it - here's the link: http://www.gssfonline.com/GSSF_Pistol_Purchase_Program_Information.pdf

$425 for a Glock 17 or 19's still a pretty good deal, even after paying the membership fee.

HTH

·
Registered
623 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Im a security guard,and the company is hinting for me to get certified.Both pistols I have now are a little stripped down,and I'm looking for a new pistol.Hi-vis sights and higher capacity mostly.At that price a Glock is looking better and better.
I am looking at Glock,S&W,and H&K mostly.Maybe Springfield XD if I go .40 instead of sticking with .45

·
Registered
939 Posts
Depending on the coin you want to put into one, you'd be hard-pressed to do better than a G21SF.

Having said that, are you bound to the .45ACP? Glocks really shine in 9mm...in .40S&W, not so much (but that rep is getting better).

Also, if an external manual safety might be a requirement, the HK45 or M&P45 from S&W would fit the bill.

For sights - heck, there's a plethora on the market. A lot of Glock shooters run Warren Tacticals, and a lot like Heinie Slant-Pros.

Don't forget a weapon-mounted light if you can run one. I love my X300.

·
Registered
623 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I'm not a big fan of 9mm,I have a .45 and love the caliber.I know LEO's sheriff,police highway patrol and game wardens who rave about the .40 s&w and some of them prefer it over the .45acp.

And one of my bestest friend loves his glock 10mm so much that when he lost it hunting he went and got another.After looking for it for 4 days and filing a police report.I may try the 10mm myself.Ted Nugent swears by it.

As far as a manual safety,Ill ask but Glock is popular enough with leo's here,the big boss also works for sheriff dept,and they use glocks,and i dont think they are extremely ticky at the company I work for.

And yes I will have a light for it pretty close if not on it,and may install tru-glo sights.I'm gonna wait till taxes come in to do anything,so I still have research time.

·
Registered
3,363 Posts
10mm is way to much for a carry or duty weapon and poses liability issues. The only LEO that I know that uses oneonly carries his in limited raid circumstances, Glock even advertises it as a hunting companion, not an LE gun.

Ted Nugent? Now I love Theodore (I had a bird dog named Wango T Tango), but Uncle Teddy is hardly a qualified expert regarding defensive or duty handguns. I would consult Chuck Norris first, because he is a Texas Ranger. Maybe that guy from Bourne Identity, he seemed pretty knowledgeble.

Chuck Norris has to maintain a concealed weapon permit in all 50 states in order to wear pants while traveling.GI8

1 - 6 of 6 Posts