M14 Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I purchased two G42s the week they hit the market (one for me and one for the wife). Since then I've qualified with mine as a department back up and it's been a good gun. A buddy borrowed it and had issues with the slide not locking back on the last round. Then I found this:

http://looserounds.com/2014/05/10/glock-appears-to-have-made-changes-to-the-g42/

I called Glock last week and told them of the issue we had, gave them the serial numbers, and they promptly sent an overnight FedEx shipping label. They turned my brothers G42 around in about a week and replaced a part of the trigger, both magazines (all new design), and the slide stop lever has been updated.

Thought I'd share this with the Forum so you can spend yours in for the updates. For the 1911 fan boys (I own one of those too), yes I love Glocks, yes I have a lot of Glocks, and the G42 has now become my EDC (at least for the summer with shorts on).

·
Registered
248 Posts
The slide lock was discussed in the armorer's class. Specifically related to Horandy personal defense cases being slightly fatter than other .380. Dont know it that's true or not but they were bumping the slide lock so they are being replaced with one tighter tolerances to the frame. Glock is still struggling to catch up to demand on guns so parts can be a bit tough. I dont remember a change in the trigger bar being discussed.

There's a lot about the G42 that's new so there may be some growing pains. I'm going to order one this week :)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.