M14 Forum banner

Glock 36

2K views 7 replies 5 participants last post by  Pre-WWll 
#1 ·
If any of you is looking for a good ccw pistol, go look at the Glock 36. The 36 is light, light recoil for a compact 45acp. No external safteys to get in the way. Trijicom night sites are available and work very well. Plus 1 magazine adapters are available to increase mag capacity to 7 rounds. Take down is quick and easy.

Regards

Ox

#3 ·
Six,
I think you are thinking of the Glock in 45Glock Cal. The Model number escapes me at the moment.
I think the Model 36 has been out since 1999. I really like mine. It will chamber anything you can give it. Don't tell Glock, but I do shoot 230 gr. lead flat point reloads in it. I have the Pearce Plus One mag extension and the 10% spring. That brings the mag capacity to 7 rds, 8 rds if you have one in the chamber.

Regards

Ox

#6 ·
What you want is a Glock 37

Guys, it's taken me almost 5 years to get Glock to release that "new" pistol, the one in 45 Glock.
My gripe was that I like shooting the 19 longslide that I have (that's not a typo, if you want more info, that's cool ;-) but that the double stack 45 ACP pistols were just flat too big for me.
I griped for a LONG time. About three years ago, they told me that it was in prototype, and almost done.
Two years ago, it was in pre-production, and almost done. Then I got a note saying that marketing says they should only put out a small number of new pistols per year, and they figured that they could get more money from the IDPA types for the factory comped, tactical, whatevers than they could get from my Glock 1911.
Fine.
Well, about three months ago, I get an e-mail saying they're sending them out, and they'd hit the shelves in about three months.
"About". Not here yet.
If you're wanting a model 17, that runs a 45 caliber bullet at real 45 ACP velocities, then you're looking for the model 37.
And yes, I'm still kind of sore that Austria didn't designate it the "Bravo Special".
All the best, and you can thank DigHawii for ruining the neighborhood, he shouldn't have shown me the door ;-)
-Bravo

#7 ·
Okay, Bravo -

I know you have a pic - please post it, buddy.

By the way, I'm buying a 19 this week, and am looking at sighting options. I've been thinking about what used to be called "Ashley Express," or perhaps I'll just go with the Triijicons that I've used for years.

Any ideas?

#8 ·
I have the Glock mod. 39 .45 acp. I have carried it every day for over two years. I carry in a Melt Sparks IWB holster.

It is there no matter what else I may hang on my belt or off other body parts.

Six rounds in a ccw. If that isn't enough you are in deep enough that more won't help.

TomR

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.