M14 Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
569 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, gents. I got a Glock .45 at the show the other day. First off, it's a parts gun, i.e. the sn. on the frame, slide and barrel are all different. The problem is, the magazine does not positively eject, it slides out easily, but doesn't seem to have any spring action when I push the release button. I cleaned the outside of the magazine, and the magazine well. There was some soot, but nothing major. Has anyone had this problem, and can it be fixed easily? I like the way it shoots, it's accurate and easy to control. The grips are a little slick and it moves in my hands when I fire it, maybe sometime I'll try and fix that, but I want to address the magazine issue first. Many thanks,

Charlie

·
Registered
588 Posts
Hello, gents. I got a Glock .45 at the show the other day. First off, it's a parts gun, i.e. the sn. on the frame, slide and barrel are all different. The problem is, the magazine does not positively eject, it slides out easily, but doesn't seem to have any spring action when I push the release button. I cleaned the outside of the magazine, and the magazine well. There was some soot, but nothing major. Has anyone had this problem, and can it be fixed easily? I like the way it shoots, it's accurate and easy to control. The grips are a little slick and it moves in my hands when I fire it, maybe sometime I'll try and fix that, but I want to address the magazine issue first. Many thanks,

Charlie

Charlie

Early Glock mags were made to NOT drop free, Gaston Glocks thinking at the time was that the drop free mags could drop onto the ground making noise giving away the position of the shooter, (two schools of thought on that one)

if your mag has a rounded "U" notch on the top back you probably have a preban mag

·
Registered
588 Posts
oh.... nothing wrong with your pistol, I've got several Glocks without matching numbers and all are perfectly good shooters,
the serial numbers on all three parts has something to do with their importation regulations

·
Registered
4,689 Posts
Actually they made the first generation non drop free for a purpose.

That being that the Glock is a military weapon and they didn't want the mag release being inadvertently pressed resulting in the mag dropping out of the pistol. Thus losing the magazine on the battle field when you need it most and turning an excellent repeater into a single shot.

That's the gospel according to the Glock factory cats who taught my LEO Glock Armorers school back in the early 90s.

If I were you I get into touch with CDNN Investments and order me up some new drop free Glock mags for my 21. It doesn't matter if your Glock is a parts gun, it will function fine and last longer than you do.

http://www.cdnninvestments.com/glock.html

I've dealt with them for years and they are good folks to deal with...

7th

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.