M14 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Rest in Peace
17,536 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For long term, make sure to get glasses of the same style so parts are interchangeable.

HH

·
Registered
95 Posts
I hardly ever wear my glasses, but I did go and get looked at and a prescription before. I have two pairs I ordered from Zenni and I will say I am very happy with them when I actually wear them. My sister does wear them everyday and I believe she is also quite happy with them.

·
Rest in Peace
17,536 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Standard lenses with extras & shipping is under $50. That is hard to beat. Infact, I don't think it can be beat.

When I had locally gotten glasses at the two pair for $78 they were $238 for the pair. Plus took the same amount of time to get them as it took a few months later to get from Zenni, about three weeks.
The under $50 glasses from Zenni were better quality then what I had purchased locally.

HH

·
Rest in Peace
17,536 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
In addition to that $238 for the two pair of glasses I paid $58 for a new prescription.
If you hadn't had your eyes checked recently you'll want to do that first.

But being able to order two pair of glasses for $100 sure beats $238 especially when they seem like better quality. And still save well over $100.

HH

·
Rest in Peace
17,536 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Zenni Optical has some of the best customer service anywhere.

I broke the nose piece off my glasses. Sending a replacement piece FREE.

Don't get that when customer service is in India. LOL

HH

·
Registered
229 Posts
Wish I had seen this a few days ago.. I just ordered a pair of glasses locally for $200. Do you guys get the flexible frames? I have always hated wearing glasses since I was young. Seems like I broke every other pair. But contact lenses wouldn't be very SHTF friendly.

·
Rest in Peace
17,536 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I have a pair of oversize lenses with plastic frames which I keep in my work shop as my work glasses. Screw them up & $30 to replace. Other glasses are the newer style flex arms & that reduces breaking glasses by atleast 50%.
I've another pair, my most expensive ones, just for driving at night. Special coating on them to reduce glare from oncoming traffic. Plus a pair of sunglasses in the truck.
Plus have about 3 pair of glasses which are old presciption which are my spares. In a few weeks will have a spare pair with last year's presciption. $25.85 for a spare pair of glasses which I ordered yesterday.

HH

·
Rest in Peace
17,536 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
For those that wear no line bifocals they are currently called progressives.

·
Registered
862 Posts
got lasix procedure about 10 years ago. best investment! 20-13 in both eyes. night vision did suffer some.

·
Rest in Peace
17,536 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
My neighbor had lasix about 10 years ago. He said he now has to use eye drops twice a day because his eyes are always dry. Also he now has to wear glasses to read. He said it cost him $3,000 per eye back then.

Plus there was a thing on the evening news a while back about lasix surgery. They concluded it was a crap shoot for long term.

HH

·
Registered
862 Posts
i'm happy with it. I was near sighted and wore glasses since 3rd grade. got the surgery in my early 30s and I still see great. as far as dry eyes, it hasnt been a issue. I'm 45 and don't need readers.....yet!
I needed to do something bacause I couldn't wear contacts ( worked in a acid plant) and my job required me to wear full face fresh air mask on a weekly basis. the eye glass kits we were issued for the mask were crap. caused me to get a face full of H2S when the glasses kit caused the mask to break the seal. I immediately hit the purge switch but it still caused my sinuses to go into overdrive! a combo of H2S, So2, and So3 is not pleasent when it hits any moisture like your lungs, nose, throat, eyes etc... That was the day I started looking for options.....eye surgery.... new place to work... different career.

·
Rest in Peace
17,536 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Well, Zenni sent me 3 sets of nose pieces for my glasses along with new screws & a spare eyeglass case.

HH

·
Registered
372 Posts
Shooting/safety glasses??

I just happened to check in and saw this thread so I had to ask, does anyone have a recommendation for prescription shooting/safety (wrap around) glasses??

·
Rest in Peace
17,536 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
My glasses were shipped yesterday from Calif so didn't take long to put them together. Suspect I will have them about Monday.

HH

·
Rest in Peace
17,536 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Received the new glasses today. Hurray. Not a big hurray since I had gotten the new nose pieces so the old glasses fit fine again.

HH

1 - 20 of 46 Posts