M14 Forum banner

"GI" STYLE SIGHTS FOR THE SKS

2100 Views 5 Replies 4 Participants Last post by  law27
It's been a while since I have posted anything about the new sight for the SKS rifle. It' not that things are not happening, it's just that I don't want to turn the forum into an ad. My intent is to let those of you that have given feed back and followed the developement of the sight know where things are in the process. Let me say thank you for your input. Having designed the sight initially for my own SKS, I value the opinions of other users. The sights are in process and will be available in the later part of October. We are putting the finishing touches on a web site www.Tech-SIGHTS.com (It will not be on the web until the first part of October). I have posted pictures of the prototype, but not of the final design. Here is an jpg of the TS100 (the model designation for the sight) mouned on an SKS rifle. You can see that the sight will give the SKS that classic "GI" sight system that many of us prefer. The sight also blends well with the lines of the rifle.
http://gallery.photo.net/photo/2648849-md.jpg
If anyone wants more information they can e-mail me at [email protected] or post a reply.

Thanks again for the interest.
Larry

Image changed to link due to size. Mod
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Chuck,
Thanks for the interest. The latch pin is replaced by a cross screw, brass washer(to marring of the receiver) and a nut. The nut and cross screw have been slotted to allow a coin edge to be used for tightening. The receiver cover is removed the same way as the the original rifle's configuration, except that the cross screw replaces the original latch pin and the sight and cover must be assembled at the same time. The sight returns to zero on tightening because of using 3 datums to stabalize. One being the cross screw, the second would be the right side of the receiver and the third stabilizing datum is the rear veritical surface of the receiver. This insures easy off and easy on and return to zero. My goal when I started this project was to create the classic "GI" aperture and sight post system for the SKS. I think that we have a unique product that has been needed for sometime.

law27

· Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
sv_sniper,
The Latch Pin must be replaced by the Cross Screw and Nut provided with the sight. This requires removing the small cross pin that is pressed into the SKS original Latch Pin. This is the hardest task of the installation. After the Latch Pin is removed the sight is assembled with the receiver cover and adjusted. The adjusting screws are thread locked to hold position so that the sight returns to the same position on reassembly. There is no drilling or tapping required and the Latch Pin can be replaced or reassemble if desired for some reason. There are no permanent modifications to the receiver or rifle.
law27

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.