M14 Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a winchester barrel on my m1a. i here thesa are chrome lined.

how many rounds will it stand ?

one other question:when springfield assembled these rifle's where the US GI parts used or new surplus ?

thanks guys :wink:

·
Registered
37 Posts
asm1 said:
I have a winchester barrel on my m1a. i here thesa are chrome lined.
how many rounds will it stand ?
one other question:when springfield assembled these rifle's where the US GI parts used or new surplus ?
I have an HRA that is supposed to last 15K I think.

In regards to the second question, is that the original Springfield Armory or Springfield Inc.?

·
Registered
1,929 Posts
You can count on the parts being used surplus, although some small percentage were probably new/unused.

Unless it's been burnt out with lots of full-auto shooting the barrel will outlast you.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
it shoots 1.5 moa with brit radway green so i think it is a low round count barrel?
used part's you never know what you have. i heard you cant shoot a chrome lined barrel out . i know all things good must end just wondering when.. :?:

·
Banned
611 Posts
barrel life depends heavily on what you shoot through it. Mine was over 50,000 rounds of handloads and still the throat was less than 2. Most of them were cast bullets. Well more than half. The rest were various hunting and match bullets. Never hot loads in it. If you treat it nice it will almost never wear out.

·
Registered
9,465 Posts
I'm in the process of wearing out a TRW USGI chrome plated barrel with automatic fire. I've got more than 5000 rounds through it so far. Next time I go to the desert I'm going to test it for accuracy. :mrgreen:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.