M14 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've seen a lot about the older, pre/post NATO qualification as recent as 2012 and it seems to be on par or better than Lake City or IMI .... anybody shot any of the "current issue" .... say 2014-15 ?? Was wondering if the brass is still as good as original for reloading, and as accurate as claimed.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks for the heads up ... too bad I already ordered.

I am hearing the 2015 is not near as accurate as the earlier stuff but not sure where I saw this. Wait is was right here yesterday, getting old sucks.

http://m14forum.com/ammunition/185481-ggg-sgammo-com-320rounds-215-read-edit.html
dang .... when I asked them about the "accuracy" claims as compared to IMI they came back with the short and sweet:
"Hello, in our experience they are of the same quality.
thank you
sgammo

It was more than I wanted to spend too, but a couple cents cheaper than the IMI which my Sig really likes .... nearly 8 bills for 1200 rounds, but the way the election is going, I'm thinking it may very well be going back up before it comes down ...
When it comes in I'll make a run to the range and let you know how it works out .... one of those links you gave showed groups as bad as ZQI/MKE from my gun ....
If you want to check some ZQI/IMI/MK319 groups go about half way down the page here ...
http://m14forum.com/ammunition/176283-update-imi-7-62-problem-9.html

someone had some problems with a certain lot from IMI, but my Sig716 loves it ... hopefully, this GGG will turn out "as advertised" ....

thanks again ...UNITEDSTAT

·
Read Only
3,779 Posts
January 9, 1998 Lithuania received 40,000 m14 rifles from the USA. I'm hoping their ammo was made with the m14 in mind.

·
Registered
6,407 Posts
Art tested that GGG ammo and said it didn't shoot good at all.
I tested the IMI ammo and it didn't hold a group and the primers backed out.

I am all Hirternberger now.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Lake City ain't Lapua but I find it ok for the most part. LC15 seems to be as accurate as LC11 and LC12. However, LC15 gauges (Wilson) better than the others if you are concerned with incipient case-head separation.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts