M14 Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Banned
3,729 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Being a fan of GGG ammunition, i recently purchased a new supply, noticed the Headstamp is different, it now has the NATO stamp. Also, the case color is different, appears to have less brass in the compound.. The ball powder charges I measured are a half grain less of what ever it is they use.

The force need to resize, using a small base die, requires more energy. Has anybody else noticed differences?

·
Registered
1,856 Posts
While I haven't reloaded any of the current GGG ( 2012,2013 )

I can say that it shoots very well out of my SAI M21 , far better then any other "surplus 7.62x51 ball "

So good that I would gladly trade my SA, Hirt.,IMI, IMI SB, Fed XM80,Radway, Aussie, etc... plus a 100 bucks straight across., case for case... SGAmmo.com turned me down...

I wish I could afford more of it.

This may sound silly, but does the spent case sound more "tinny" ( compared to the 2003 lot ) when you flick it over on a hard surface ? I have noticed quite a difference over the older brass compared to current production. Even from unfired 80's cases compared to 2010+ cases.

When I get back in town I will try to resize some and see if they are noticeably tougher to resize.

Reactions: art luppino

·
Registered
9,259 Posts
I haven't shot any of the newer stuff either Art but I do like the GGG brass. It lasts a long time and it has a nice amount of volume. Can you recommend where I can get more?

·
Banned
3,729 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
GGG ammunition

The company is listed on Internet, or was a couple months ago..

How you doing?

This is a new load using GGG Nato stamped cases, very impressive.

155 Sierra BT
Fed 210 LR
40.5 IMR 3031
OAL--- 2.815"

This load fired 4 of the 5 in .264"..

Best regards, Art

·
Administrator
17,394 Posts

·
Registered
1,293 Posts
I bought a little. I think it has a little more case capacity than current LC offerings. At least my normal powder charge is a little slower out of this brass than LC brass.

Have some of the old stuff too.

Just curious There and Back Again, if .81 cents is too much, and the CMP sells greek M2 for .63 cents, please share where you buy your fodder!

·
Registered
2,484 Posts
I bought a little. I think it has a little more case capacity than current LC offerings. At least my normal powder charge is a little slower out of this brass than LC brass.

Have some of the old stuff too.

Just curious There and Back Again, if .81 cents is too much, and the CMP sells greek M2 for .63 cents, please share where you buy your fodder!
yea, let us in on it.

·
Registered
1,856 Posts
It is their own bullet.

http://ggg-ammo.lt/musu-produkcija-ir-paslaugos/komponentai

http://ggg-ammo.lt/musu-produkcija-ir-paslaugos/7-62x51-mm-nato-ball-soviniai

I will say that the current batch I have ( from SGAMMO.com ) has bullet runout 1/3 that, of most commonly available Ball ammo.

And shoots fantastically out of my SAI M21.... very close to FGMM.

IMHO , and with my rifle, ( YMMV ) it is a great deal.

It looks like they are going to introduce some match .308.

http://ggg-ammo.lt/wp-content/uploads/2012/09/GGG%20.308%20WIN%20ammunition.pdf

805 M/S = 2641 FPS for the 168gr.

·
Registered
8,520 Posts
yea, let us in on it.
If I had to purchase ammo at today's prices I wouldn't be able to shoot. I cannot afford 90c/round. A buck every time you pull the trigger makes for short range trips.

I bought a stash for life between 2006-2008. Cost me perhaps 30c per at most. Only ammo I've bought since then is Prvi Partizan and PMC M80 ball clones at 50c per. What I have on hand has to last my lifetime. Thankfully, I have enough for 3 lifetimes or 1 lifetime and 1 SHTF. The rest will get passed along with my rifles.

Looks like recreational shooting is a thing of the past for most folks. If anyone wants to shoot M1, M1903 or M14s at South River Gun Club I'll bring a 500 round can of Port surplus or a spam can of HXP and we can shoot it all. I don't mind sharing with friends DI2

Reactions: hytekrednek
1 - 12 of 12 Posts