M14 Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Super Moderator
3,704 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi Everyone,

Back in May - I made a run to Fred's and hand-picked (7) stocks. I found this stock near the end of my pick [it was dark, dirty, nasty, had some dings etc.] but like some stocks do it 100% caugut my attention and I had to have it.

I showed a forum member some of my unfinished stocks and after reviewing many "we" decided to perform the refinish on this stock. He wanted to replace the USGI front and rear swivels [with QD studs] so I installed a Sadlak reinforced QD in the front and added a BT03 QD stud in the back.

Just love the way this one turned out - hated to see it leave my shop!

Used a Stew Mac [3 stain combination for the base stain] and feathered in Vintage Amber along the way to pop the grain!

Stock has a nice #137 rack stamp on the heel and I was able to perserve the DOD and Proof P. It is shown locked up in my Scout Squad.

Hope you enjoy the pics [all camera credits to my step-son].

M1Army

·
Registered
130 Posts
very gorgeous stock! i really digging it.

and the rear qd stud is made by accu-shot. its the bt-03 which was made for attaching a monopod and its also a direct fit. i got one as well awaiting installation.

·
Registered
2,442 Posts
Beautiful, beautiful work M1Army!

Reactions: M1Army

·
Super Moderator
3,704 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Wes,
great looking stock; can you elaborate more on how you did the rear QD stud.
and the rear qd stud is made by accu-shot. its the bt-03 which was made for attaching a monopod and its also a direct fit. i got one as well awaiting installation

Chief - Just as EmnAeivee said in Red above - Accu-Shot makes this post BT-03 - all you have to do is remove the bottom butt plate screw, remove the USGI rear swivel and the same bottom butt plate screw secures the QD stud. So you can switch out the QD post easy with a USGI. For example, you can attach a Harris-bi-Pod on the front QD and use a QD sling set-up in the rear or remove the BT-03 and use a Turner sling with a USGI rear swivel. It comes on and off easy.

M1Army

·
Administrator
I lost all of my rifles & handguns in a mishap on Rio Grande when the barge hit a sandbar and sank.
18,605 Posts
It is a beautiful stock M1Army, I really like the way you were able to bring out the blot pattern in the wood so well. Very unique wood grain. Thanks for the pictures

DI5

Reactions: M1Army

·
Super Moderator
3,704 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Nicely done! As an aside, what mount is that on your Scout-Squad?
Bassett Low Profile Picatinny with Weaver 6 hole tactical rings! I use Basset mounts on all of my M1A/M14.

Mr. Bassett passed away not long ago and some are experiencing longer than normal shipping delays. I have included the website below!

http://www.bassettmachine.com/

Thanks, M1Army

·
Super Moderator
3,704 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Sweet, nice dark tone. Beautiful stock!
Thanks Sumo - the forum member liked "Dark" so it was intentional -> I guess I got it there "darker that is" which whas the objective on this one!

P.S. -> seems like you shoud be getting pretty close to previewing one of those non-practice - sweet tigers I know you have hidden away all locked up in your M14?

M1Army

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.