M14 Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
this last gunshow was without a doubt sorta crazy. first day i run into the probable nut case carrying full auto m14 [ see the m14 discussion for more info on that] and the second day father and son come up to my tables and inform me they want to purchae or trade for a 45 auto. ssure look around and if i have something you are interested in, lets talk. the son has a tote bag hung on his shoulder, reaches in, pulls out a 1917 artillery dmw luger, all matching numbers except for the clip. he wants to trade for a llama duo-tone 45 i have. i am trying real hard not to show my excitement and i asked him if he was sure he wanted to do this. they both insist they want a 45. deal, gave them the 45 and 2 spare mags and they wer as happy as a speckled pup. needless to say i was probably happier than either of them. there is considerable bluing wear but the pistol is tight, all the stampings are crisp and correct, 8 inch barrel is dark but rifling is good for something this old. lug for a shoulder stock is present amd very serviceable. would rate it about 70 per cent conservatively. my wife is hoping i dont start collecting lugers now like i do military rifles and shotguns. ha! i think this a keeper.

·
Registered
3,923 Posts
Wow, Harley Guy! 8O

What a TRADE!?! At least you asked them if they were sure! Cool Deal!!!

You should post some pics of your new acquisition.... I have a P-38 WWII war trophy... my dad brought back from the war and its in GREAT shape... maybe I'll take some pics of it and post someday... :lol:

What else did ya score at this Gunshow?

Aloha,

Tom O.

·
Registered
1,371 Posts
Tom O,
What are the markings on your P38? I have a BYF43, Mauser Mfg., matching, non import marked. There is an "L" on the right front of the rear site. Not sure if the "L" makes it a police issue gun or not. They are nice guns to say the lease.

Regards

Ox

·
Registered
3,923 Posts
Thanks Ox...

That is really cool info! OK, I will take a look when I get it out of the safe... After my father passed away, I took the original paperwork given to him by the US Army identifying it as a war souvenier and had it registered to my name... I remember the swastikas (spl?) and the german cartouches but not in great detail... maybe I should pull it out and take another look...

Aloha,

Tom O.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
i had always wanted to own a luger, but it was not to be. traded my luger today for two model 28 smith and wessons 6 inchers and a springfield garand. the 28s are practically new and the garand is a good shooter, nothing exceptional, but functions flawlessly, metal is in good shape but the wood is well just ugly as hell. will give me a winter project some day. have read about you guys doing your wood and might try and save the poor thing.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Lugers are investments. N frame smiths are shooters

Give me shooters any day :D :D :D

1 - 6 of 6 Posts