M14 Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It seems that there is quite an array of gas cylinders available. What should I look for in choosing one? LRB's are about $90.00 for theirs and USGI and Fulton's is up around $115.00. SEI's offering is at $140.00 but comes with the piston.

·
Registered
8,680 Posts
I'd get USGI as a first choice. Mike Restivo at WCS usually has complete assemblies in good shape.

After that I'm not sure they are much different in terms of quality. I'd probably be inclined to go with an LRB. Sometimes I've used SAI GCs from Brownells, but I don't really care for them as the finish is poor. Much too thin.

·
Super Moderator
3,704 Posts
I have had really good luck with TreelineM14 - they also ship very fast. I have been happy with everything I have received from them [website below].

http://www.treelinem14.com/M14-M1A-USGI-Gas-Cylinder-M14GSGCUS.htm

The other option if you have one or if you can purchase one on the PX at a steal - you can send it to one of our forum members hueygunner and for $35 he can make it look like new by part Oxiding. He has his own website hueygunner.com

Just a few more options for you....

Good Luck - M1Army

·
Registered
1,580 Posts
Some people call a unitized gas cylinder and front band assembly a "NM gas cylinder" but really the cylinder itself is the same.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Simply get an SEI M80HT. It's forged, melonited, double heat-treated for stress relief, and cryogenically treated. There's no better way to make a gas cylinder, literally, and it is the best on the market. PERIOD. Those are National Match treatments in a U.S.G.I. part.

·
Premium Member
Honorary Forum Lifer
18,096 Posts
+1 to Hammonje about calling Mike at Windy City Sourcing for a good USGI part.
I have had success with SAI's M25 unitized cylinder, but I prefer USGI parts.
m14brian

1 - 9 of 9 Posts